made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

without question love

so the other day i woke up and was laying there thinking about how in love i am with my daughter. I know you are probably all sick of hearing about my obsession with her but bare with me. its just weird because i have yet to even lay eyes on her or touch her and yet i love her so unconditionally and she has done nothing to make me love her but exist. i simply love her because i made her and she IS and therefore I love her.

I feel that throughout life with different relationships, different dynamics of God's love is proven or illuminated to us, and this was one of those times. I have often wondered why God loves me, why He began this work of the world, why, when we screwed up so badly in the beginning, was He not just done with this plan. How could He love us, love me, so unconditionally. It was like he was showing me another piece of His heart. "This is why I love you Jill, because I made you, and because you are, therefore I love you." That's all it takes. It's amazing to know that our father, the creator of all things, loves us like that.

It was just so neat to have that click. Not that I never knew how amazing the love of God was, but to actually feel that sort of love for her, the way he does for us, was very cool. The heart of our perfect God is so incredible, and I love how he often uses us and our earthly relationships to relay the message of His love.

2 comments:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Wow, I love this post. I also love to sit and think aboutour God's amazing, amazing love for us. I am so excited that He can tangibly show you His love through Kennedy! See God is already using her for His glory when she is still in the womb! haha! I miss you immeasurably.

Karen said...

daughters are such a blessing....you will only feel God's grace and presence even more when your beautiful lil girl is in your arms. It's the most amazing feeling.
I noticed your blog address on facebook....and I just had to leave a comment....Karen