made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Monday, January 31, 2011

Pregnancy Post

well people, I have decided to not have a pregnancy blog like I did with Kennedy, those posts will be on this blog seeing as I barely post enough for one blog, much less two.

Let me just start with saying, this pregnancy has been crazy different from my last. I am sitting here now thinking about how true everyone was when they said, "every pregnancy is different." I have had people and docs tell me that before, that is doesnt matter the woman or the sex of the baby, or anything, it can still be completely different, and boy do I believe them now. I had myself convinced this baby was a boy bc of how unlike my pregnancy w Kennedy this one was. First off, I was crazy sick from about week 6 weeks to  12 weeks, barfing constantly. I took everything under the sun and nothing made the nausea go away. I was still sick up until about 3 weeks ago, just not barfy, thank heavens. Those prenatals can still get me all messed up though. I definitely have to take it at night, on a full stomach, and then immediately go to sleep, if I dont want to be at the trash can vomiting. To be honest, I skip some nights bc I just dont want to feel sicky icky. Also, this baby started kicking me way earlier than I ever felt Kennedy kick. I think at around 15 weeks was the first time I felt her, and by 17 weeks she was in full force jabs and drop kicks. Even my mom felt her at 17 weeks. I remember not even feeling a flutter til 17 weeks w Kennedy. She is actually kicking me now =) and I love it. I also think that my placenta is in the front this pregnancy and so her kicks feel different. Its likes a bouncy feeling and its a little odd. Kennedy was in the front when I was pregnant w her so it was just a straight up foot in my belly,  but this baby has some padding between her and my belly wall. All that to say, same woman, same gender, different pregnancy...

Ok, so let me get into other things I have noticed this go round. I prefer being pregnant in summer time. I do not like wearing jeans and pants and bulky sweaters on top of the fact that Im fat. The band in the pants eventually gets uncomfortable, unlike a sun dress, I cant cover up my growing hips and thighs, and  I just dont feel cute in winter type maternity clothes. The dresses and flip flops were way more fun. I am looking forward to the fact that Ill be my fattest in the spring and soon enough I can wear all my maternity dresses and a nice pair of flip flops. I also eat more in winter, as a rule, you know, and so I think Ive gained a lot of weight so far. I think 16 pounds, to be exact. In summer you have so many more options for fresh fruits and vegetables, you can go for nice walks and swims, etc. It's easier for me to stay healthy during those times, as opposed to winter months.

After all that I have explained to you, I need to make sure you all know how much I love this baby girl. When we found out we were pregnant w her, and I was so sick, so very sick, I would literally lay in bed and cry bc I couldnt stand being sick anymore, and Justin would come in and try and make me feel better, and I would tell him, I would do anything for her, and it was ok, If it lasted all nine months and got worse and worse, it was ok, bc I would do whatever it took. It's so weird how my, and Im sure others, perspectives change, once you loose a baby. You stop to feel every little kick, you suck it up when you are hanging over the toilet every hour and tell yourself that its all worth it. You stop complaining, bc you know that while it sucks to feel like crap, its means that something incredible is beginning. And you thank God everyday for fearfully and wonderfully creating it in you. Im not so much a fan of the weight gain, the nausea, the gas, or the oh so attractive fuzzy hamster stomach, but Im a fan of her, and I cant wait to meet her!

2 comments:

Pamela Williams said...

So sweet. I'm so happy for you guys. Winter maternity clothes are the worst until you get big enough for everyone to know your preggo and not just fat. Try the pants that go all the way above your belly - they are more comfortable.

Chrissi Jenkins said...

I love this Jill! Congrats on your baby girl. Best wishes for a great pregnancy!