made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Monday, December 12, 2011

holy blog hiatus batman

Merry Christmas everyone! Man oh Man, I LOVE the Holidays =) I am having so much fun doing festive things with Kennedy. She is really starting to get into all the little traditions. She is more aware of the whole Santa thing, she loves her advent calendar (and asks everyday what day we are on), she looks for our Elf every morning...its all so exciting! I know I haven't blogged since her birthday really and so Ill give you a quick recap of the past 6 weeks, and I mean QUICK ;)

We did fun fall stuff




at the Pumpkin Patch



Durham Bulls Fan Fest


I had the cutest Strawberry Shortcake and lil Strawberry EVER for Halloween. It was cold and rainy, but still fun




We went to Jacksonville for Thanksgiving. It was awesome. Ill try and blog on that soon, but no promises...you know me...
{yea, thats Kennedy in pictures these days. I have to bribe her to get her to smile}

Quinn Started eating real food and LOVES it 




Now, onto the Christmas fun!

Its really easy to keep up with our holiday activities since I decided to put a card in each day of the advent calendar. Now I can just go look at the cards and see what we've already done! So, we shall start at the beginning...getting a tree.

We headed to a tree farm bc I had this idea of it being a grand adventure and us cutting down an awesome tree and it being this whole "Experience." We were there for a while looking around and playing in the fields, so I guess there was a little adventure. However, the trees that you cut yourself were not good for living room christmas trees, covered in lights and ornaments. The ones they had at the farm already cut were way too expensive and we are cheap. So the amazing Manny family christmas tree experience ended at Lowe's with a  9ft 6 in frasier fur for only $40. Awesome! We tied that sucker to the car, grabbed some chick fil a, and headed home! We got home and it was way too tall for our ceilings. We measured the tree and thats when we realized that the tree, marked 7-8 feet, was in fact 9 and half feet tall. Our ceilings is only 9, so we cut that puppy down and finally got it in.





It fell a few days later.


 
Its back up now and beautiful =) and tied to the window for extra support. I don't have any pictures of it actually so when I do my Christmas home tour I'll post one.

1 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh my goodness these pictures are fantastic. Your girls are so beautiful & you, my dear, are gorgeous.
And how does your hair grow so fast? Count me jealous!