made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Friday, December 23, 2005

ill be home for christmas...

I am actually in the car right now driving to Pcola! Of course the roadtrip isn’t all fun and games because you get tired and antsy and whatnot, so I have decided to take this opportunity to update =) I have spent the week running around like a nut trying to get everything ready to come home today. Justin had another game on Monday night, which was annoying to watch, I just hate bad officiating. Tuesday night we hung out with Jenny and Kyle and gave them their Christmas present and played a game and just hung around the house. Wednesday night was Halo night at the house so it was hard to get anything done with 10 guys screaming killing spree every other second. Oh, and last night we had made plans to do fun fun stuff with the Dinclers and the Regans. Therefore, I had to work getting all packed up, working, and cleaning the house around these things. You may ask, clean the house? I just cant stand to go on a trip and come back to a disaster, which we do have a small one but its not such a big deal that I will feel overwhelmed once we return.

Well, last night was really fun. We all headed to Joe’s Crab Shack because little Haley had been craving some seafood. Our friends Korrie and Kenny met us there too. We stayed there forever it seemed and stuff ourselves and then headed out to Sawyer point to go ice skating. I was so excited and my friend Brian had never even been before so he was a little excited too to get to do it. When we got there however, it was closed, tear. So we walked around and looked at all the lights downtown and took pictures and played with a random horse that a police officer was riding. It was a good time, even though the skating did not play out. We all left and headed back home, but I was sad to leave our oh so fun friends back in Ohio. I never thought we would make such great friends but they really have made us feel like we have a home away from home now. Ohio still isn’t the greatest and of course I still miss everything and everyone back home, but its nice to finally feel connected and part of where we do live.

This morning Justin and I decided to open up presents from one another. It was fun to be able to have our first Christmas in our home by our tree. He was really cute and put sweet or funny things on my presents, like to: Beauty from: the Beast, or to My Beautiful Bride from: the guy you left everything for. It made me smile! Anyway, he also got me some good stuff and was really thoughtful about all the gifts. I just love that boy! Mostly I got clothes because that’s what I always ask for, well and a puppy, but that will come in time.

Well right now we are a little north of Birmingham and oh how I wish we were there, its been a long trip it seems. Justin got an iSight for Christmas though so he has been playing with that while I drove and now he is driving so Im trying to keep myself occupied. We’ll be there soon enough I suppose! YAY!!!!!

0 comments: