made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Saturday, February 18, 2006

valentines, painting, olympics, and family

So this past week was pretty good you might say. I didnt have to work Thursday or Friday, I got off at 3 on Wednesday, got to hang out with Justins mom since she was up here, and it was Valentines day on tuesday and well I always love days where you show an extra amount of love and affection. I really had just a fun fun week. Tuesday I went to work and then when I got off ran some errands to finish up Justins vday gift and then came home and waited for him to get out of class. We exchanged gifts and then I went to Jennys to take a shower cuz we didnt have hot water yet. anyway, Justin was really really sweet and gave me an awesome card with something in it to the effect of "you make my time on earth just like heaven," and then gave me that movie Just Like Heaven. Also he made me a DVD with a sweet letter on it scrolling the screen like star wars and it made me shed a few tears. it also had a fun song with pictures of us flashing on the screen. I gave him a bouquet of candy with a cd and some boxers and a home made card. I really do like the cheap from the heart gifts, they mean so much! Plus justin bought a massive TV so big gifts were out of the question.

Wednesday, Justins mom came over from Indy where she was visiting her brother. It was soooo good to see her again. I just love having our friends and family up here, its so fun! Anyway, she took us to eat and loved on us and I had a great time. She also was able to come back on Friday with Justins grandma and uncle and we had yet again some more fun with the fam.

thursday night was small group. we focused on prayer and discussed times when we feel inadequate praying. Someone mentioned how quickly we go into prayer without really realizing who we are talking to. The Lords prayer begins, Our Father, who is in Heaven, hallowed be Your name. It begins with us recognizing who God is and His holiness. I really have been trying to take more time to meditate before I just start speaking prayers at certain times of the day out of habit. Anyway, I just wanted to share that with you.

Last night was girls night, which I love. I love just laughing and eating bad and hanging out with fun fun girls. It was spa night and Jenny gave me a pedicure because she is so sweet. It was awesome. Then we played some fun games and watched Elizabethtown.

Well the house is almost done. A lot of people have asked for pictures so I will post them shortly. Still decorating some so Im gonna hold off for a bit. The painting is all done so thats a load off. Now we just have to get some organizing done and it should all be done, yay!!! Its quite a journey moving and all, it takes a while to get everything in order, but i feel a little better every day as I progress in my putting away of things. well Im gonna get back to the olympics now. Have a great weekend and an awesome next week!

0 comments: