made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Saturday, March 11, 2006

im always behind

well i just realized that this weekend has already been full of fun and i have yet to even touch on the adventures of last weekend and all that is held. Last Friday night we all decided to go Salsa dancing!!! it was soooo stinkin fun. Justin's ankle was still hurting him a bit and therefore it was a little hard for him, but he is the sweetest boy and tried so hard to dance and learn all the salsa there was to learn. After the little lesson of the basic moves of salsa dancing we all got into our little pairs and tried dancing together. They sorta just let you go and you just do whatever you can. Justin and me tried and then basically spent the rest of the night just dancing, not neccisarily salsa dancing. Me and jenny were getting it good though! She led, she is really good at it, I just follow her feet! it was really so fun tho, we all had such a good time. Saturday we helped Darrell and Lydia move into their new apartment because the baby is almost here!!! i cant believe it, it all happened so fast. I am so excited about this little baby in our group to pass around and just love on! plus she will be just gorgeous because she is mixed and all mixed little girls are just the prettiest things! that night we all went back to darrells and he made burgers for all of us to thank him for moving and then we tried to go bowling, but bowling alleys are nuts on Saturdays so we ended up going back to Brian and Haleys and the guys played poker while the girls just watched SNL and whatnot. sunday was the usual, a little churchin it up, then a nap, then sunday night super club at our house, fried chicken style, and we watched the Oscars. Let me just say that Reese Witherspoon is the cutest girl, I have a heterosexual crush on her! The rest of the week wasnt so bad, just working and doing our usual things. Monday night was Justins last basketball game, it was intense and I do not wish to go into the drama that happened on the court, it made me feel very inadequate. Tuesday night was our first volleyball game though, and it was so fun. I havnt played in FOREVER, but I didnt stink all that bad. We did win so that was fun. We are the purple team so I have named us Color that ends in urple Team. Thursday was small group night and it was soooo awesome. Brian discussed "life" and what the Lord has for us in this life. It was spurred sorta from the book Waking the Dead. We just talked about what makes us feel alive and what God meant when he said abundant life, more than we can imagine. I did find it true that a lot of people, christians and non christians, maybe arent living for what the were created for because its somewhat frightening. I mean what God has for you can maybe be just so out there amazing that its just easier and more comfortable for you to just stay the way you are and not reach for that. But the truth is that its time to stop simply talking about God and discussing Him and its time to experience Him. Its like we believe in this promise God has for us and in who He is as our Heavenly father, but do we really receive the life that He created for us, or are we too afraid to see what that might be. I dont know if any of this is even making sense, I am basically just typing as it all enters into my head and I have no organization to my thoughts at all, as you all know. Basically I am just saying to not only believe it all but to actually take hold of it. The satisfaction you have in the LIFE He has for you, will have such a huge effect on others, maybe moreso than you just telling them about Christ. People will see how satisfied we are and be so attracted to it.

ok, well on another note, jo I hope you had the best birthday ever. I love you dearly and hope it was grrrreat!
linsey mari, congrats my dear on getting engaged, it is soooo exciting and I know what you mean about being too little. However if you are anything like me you will forever feel young, thats what makes everything fun! i love you!

have a good one everybody and I promise I will try and update more =)

0 comments: