made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Monday, July 03, 2006

drafting, pit road, and 3 wide, i love NASCAR

ok so even though the weekend itsnt over i have to write about my first NASCAR experience. We got off the plane in Jacksonville on Friday around 11, got some lunch, came home and layed out and then started making dinner. We were sitting around eating and Floyd's friend called him and said they had another extra ticket to the race the next the day and wanted to know if him and justin had anyone else to go with them. Then, Floyd looked at me and i just knew all my dreams were going to come true! haha, they said I could go!

The next day I woke up and swam for a little while and then started getting ready. We left around 1 and headed to Daytona Beach for the Pepsi 400. It was soooo cool! We tailgated for a little while and then rode a shuttle over to the track. It was HUGE! We walked around and looked at all the merchandise trailers. The funniest thing...that movie with Will Ferrell that is coming out, Taladega Nights, had its on trailer for the character that Will is playing, Ricky Bobby. I almost peed my pants when i saw it, Hilarious!!! Justin loved it! By the way, im making all the pics really small since I have so many, but you can click on them to make them bigger. Ok, so we got ready for the race to start, they introduced all the drivers, the VP Chaney was there and said some stuff. then, the guy playing superman was there to say start your engines. I was so excited. They did a couple warm up laps and then they had the green flag. It was so beautiful, I wanted to cry. They were so shiny!!!! And sooooooo LOUD! i loved it! It was so cool. We had such a good time. Tony Stewart won that race, not my favorite guy but it was still fun. My two favorite drivers Harvick and JR. finised in the top 15 so that was still really good! Afterwards there was a firework show that no kidding went on for like an hour. I couldnt believe it. you would think there was the finale and then it would be 15 more minutes and nother finale and then 15 more minutes, it was crazy. So the race was over at like 1100 but we didnt get to our cars til like 1 and didnt get home til 3:30 when Daytona is only an hour away. It was nuts, and it was a long day, but so worth it!

Another funny thing is that last night we went to see Cars. I really just had a race weekend type thing going on. Anyway it was sooooooo good. I laughed so hard, you really should all go see it. Well, ill post again later about our trip when we get back. Have a good Fourth everyone!

2 comments:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Jillo...I have ADD..or something I guess? Whats wrong with me..I really dont remember you telling me...ahh!!! Anyway, your weekend looked like so much fun!!! I want to see that movie CARS..it must be really cute! I LOVE YOU and Im sad bc I really do want to see you!

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

Oh my gosh, I can't wait for Talladega nights to come out........Justin and I are already laughing histerically at the previews so i KNOW the real thing is going to be hillarious!!! Have you seen the one where he is praying to Lord Baby Jesus and thanks him for his two sons Walker and Texas Ranger, and adds in the praise for his Smokin hot wife (as the guy across the table grunts loudly)??? hahahahhahahahahahahahha

I love you! Let's pretend we are watching it together and laughing histerically =)