This weekend so so jam packed with fun! A little stressful at times, but for the most part fun, and worth the stress.
Friday night was Justin had told a friend he would help him paint his basement so we went over to Kevin and Audra's and i hung with the girls and the babies while he painted. Later on Shannon and I went to wal mart and left the kids with audra and carlee to bathe, and we got some flowers for my flower bed, which you will see later. We headed home that night and hung out together, something we never get to do on friday nights, be alone. i really enjoyed time with my jus!
Saturday was a crazy day! We had about a bagillion things to do and all had to be done before 100. We woke up around 8 and I started cleaning the house, and justin started in the yard. when i was done i went outside and pulled weeds and then we headed to home depot. We got some flowers and mulch there and then came home and i planted them! i was seriously so glad to have the patio and flowerbed alllll done. it just felt good to have a project that started LAST year, finally finished and so pretty. Its nothing extravagant, but its just right for our little house and for me and justin. We just love it, and couldnt wait til Sunday when we got to enjoy it finally. After we finished all that we got ready for the graduation parties we had to attend. We had one at 1 and another at 4 and the two were about 45 minutes away. We didnt leave til about 2 for the one party so we were late to it, but it was perfect timing because as soon as we were ready to leave that one it was 4, and we got to the next one and got to spend about an hour there until we had to leave. Let me just say, there was some goood cookin'. Really, there is nothing I love more than party food. Such good food, really good snacks, yummy desserts, party trays too; i mean its all fantastic!
We had to be at Anderson high School by 6 because Kyle's football game started at 7. Kyle started this football team this years as a ministry type thing. It was so neat to sit there and think, Wow, all of this, these 200 fans, these 40 players, these coaches, this is all happening because of Kyle's vision for this football team. They are called the Mt. Carmel FIRE and are considered a semi-pro football team. They have sponsors who support them, and off course, make money off the games as well. I worked one gate with Julie and Jenny worked the other. At the end of the night they had made more than enough money to cover what it costs to put the whole thing on. It was so cool! Justin happends to be the voice of the FIRE, he is our own little gene deckerhoff.
I was so happy for Kyle, and so proud of him. We had a good time at the game as well in our F-I-R-E shirts Julie and Jenny made us. They did score two touchdowns, but lost however. They played a well established team, and this being their first time in pads and everything, playing against somebody, with all of their team there together, it was better than expected. Afterwards we went to Fridays and ate, and Justin had happy birthday sung to him, again. Justin as of recent has thought birthdays are stupid and could care less if i recognize its his birthday or have a party for him. So I tortured him. Our highschoolers threw him a party, we had a cake at small group with candles and singing, they sang at fridays to him, we had a party yesterday, and brian says tonight after softball we are all going out for his birthday again, he's joking, but its because justins birthday has been a week long celebration. its just funny seeing as he thinks birthdays are dumb. BIRTHDAYS ARE NOT DUMB!
Well sunday came, all too fast. when its a busy weekend it flies, and before you know it, its the last day before you have to go back to work. boooo! Well we had church and justin preached and then we got ready for the party and i ran errands. It rained a little bit, but not enough to ruin the partay! We had lots of good friends there, and their awesome kids that we love so much and everyone had a good time! We played cornhole and grilled out, and ate cake, even after it fell on the ground. it was still yummy. I loved after it got a little slow and people had left that friends were just sitting on my front porch talking and swinging. I like that sort of thing. Well, here are some of the pictures and ill post more on the manny website for you people who dont have facebook. mainly our families need that =) mom, dont forget you can click on the picture to make it bigger. have a good week everyone!

3 comments:
Wow, the patio looks great Jill!! Its not so much alot of dirt and a big "whole" anymore!! Way to go Justin! You two are quite the homemakers, and your home really is so cozy, inviting, and comfortable! I miss you so much it hurts in my little heart! I cant wait to see you in only a few more weeks! I LOVE YOU!!
Tori is right, the "whole" looks so good! I'm glad you had such a good weekend, even if it was crazy busy! I love you so much, and I am so proud of how domesticated you are! You have to teach me!
Oooooo....I like ya'll little patio! It's so cute! I know Rhett would love something like that! Boys just like to grill out so much! Less than 3 weeks until you come in town and I get married! YIPPEE!
Post a Comment