made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Friday, December 28, 2007

A Christmas Fiesta!

So I am sitting in the San Antonio airport and figured this would be a great time to write all about our Christmas vacation. I really am so exhausted from this past week, but its all because of the amazing time we had. It didn’t exactly start off smoothly however. We drove to Indy from Cincinnati on Friday night after we got off work and packed up. On the way there that night we got an automated phone call from American Airlines saying that our flight was cancelled and we had been rebooked on a flight that was leaving at 2pm the next day. I was a little sad because we could have stayed in Cincinnati that night, slept in our own bed, helped our friends move, and then left the next day. Oh well, we were already almost there, so to Justin’s uncles we went. The next morning around 1130 we were dropped off at the airport. We went and sat at our gate and around 115 I told Justin, hey we get to board in about 10 minutes. However, in about 5 minutes we would learn that our flight was yet again, delayed, 3 hours or more. Well, it was definitely more. There were hydraulic issues in the engine and we had to wait for a new plane and crew to come get us. This new plane arrived at 1030 that night. It was a long day in the airport, I felt a little like Tom Hanks in the movie Terminal. It was actually not bad, Justin was constantly telling me how amazed he was that I never reacted to any of the unfortunates. I don’t know why, I guess I just figured we couldn’t do anything and eventually we would get there. Plus, we met a lot of really fun people, who were all over the age of 50, one had to be at least 80, but I loved her! She was such a sweet little old lady that was just so confused about all the changes and Justin actually started a conversation with her to help her. I don’t know if you know this about me, but I know you all do, I love meeting strangers and feeling connected to people that are around me, and this was the perfect opportunity to do that! I loved it! I will forever remember Barbara, she was so light hearted and just what I needed to have around in a not so fun situation on a very long day. When she introduced me to her family when we finally did get to TX, she said I was her angel, but I am very sure she was mine.

Well we missed our connector in St Louis, we rerouted to Dallas, missed that connector, were put in a hotel for a whopping 4 hours of sleep, and put on a morning flight on Sunday to San Antonio. So our plan to get here on Saturday at 1140 am, didn’t work out.

After that incident, the rest of our trip was absolutely fabulous and I loved Christmas in TX with my family. It was so fun having Christmas morning with little kids who are excited about Santa. I cannot wait for that in my own home! This trip included lots of laughing, lots of eating, lots of napping, lots of presents, lots of movies, and lots of love! Here are some of my best memories and favorite pictures!We got to the house on Sunday from the airport and Justin really wanted to see the Alamo, it was important to him to experience the American History that occurred in that building. After we saw it we took a walk over to the Riverwalk and we passed by this little statue. Im holding Taylor’s hand and we stop and I look up and ask “What is this?” To which she replies very matter of factly, confidently, and loudly, “Its Jesus Christ!” so funny, I still laugh just thinking about it. So, the next highlight was our riverboat ride. We all rode the boats around downtown being told the history and stories of the city. Afterwards we walked around shopping and listening to the live music. We did happen to stumble upon a tour of a different kind, a Segway tour. Basically you just rode your Segway around in a line and listened to your tour guide. The best part was when my mom said to the tour guide, “Are there motors in those things?” As tho they just rolled around on their own. Amazing…

Tanner and Taylor are the funniest kids with such great personalities. I loved being with them and making memories since we don’t get to see them that much. We slept in Tanner’s room on a blow up bed and every night he would come tell me, “Hey aunt Jill, Im gonna sleep in you guys’ bed.” Haha, and a couple nights he did, it was a little tight, but totally worth it. He also likes to stand next to the shower while im in there and talk to me. Mostly its me saying, “Dont look in here!” He is so funny…one day Justin and I took a nap and we didn’t even know it but when we woke up tanner came out of his closet and he had been in there the whole time. We asked what he was doing and he said, “I was sleeping on Justin’s cwothes.”

Christmas Day was a lot of fun. I woke up to Tanner trying to sneak out and go downstairs and so I stopped him and made him wait for Taylor. We all went downstairs and they opened up their presents. Taylor got a real digital camera from Santa and I loved watching her with it the past couple days. She takes pictures constantly, its adorable. She really is the sweetest little girl, and the funnest! My last night there we had an awesome Dance Party to the Hannah Montana CD, she has some moves I must say. It was so much fun! I loved being there and seeing my parents and going to my brothers work and seeing him in his element, just doing the normal things. We took the dogs for a walk yesterday and the kids rode their bikes and I was so sad that Im not there with them all the time to do this sort of thing. I just wish I could take them all back to Cincinnati with me! One thing we are taking back tho is our new love, the game of Chicken Foot. It’s a game you play with dominos and basically Justin and I are addicted now.

So I think that’s about it for our Christmas vacation! I hope all of you had a blast this Christmas and that you have a great time ringing in the New Year!

For those of you that dont have a Facebook, the links should take you to the rest of the pictures from our trip:

http://fsu.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2360763&l=6ddcb&id=5213138

http://fsu.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2360953&l=83f11&id=5213138

3 comments:

Jo said...

Oh Jill, it makes me so happy to hear how wonderful your Christmas was. What a fun trip! The twins seriously are the cutest, and it looks like you and Justin had SO much fun with them!!! Tomorrow is my last day of Christmas vacation with the fam, and my heart already hurts b/c I don't want to say goodbye. I know what you mean about wanting to bring them all home with you.

PS... Your story about Barbara is so cute! It made me think that maybe I should start being social and nice to strangers. Hmmm... probably not going to happen though! haha

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

hello my love! I am also glad you had such a fun trip to Texas to visit my favorite Bubba! Tanner and Taylor look so adorable in the pics, and I love all the stories! I especially love the hiding in the closet sleeping on Justins Cwothes! haha! They are too cute! I miss you just so much and love you always! Happy New Years today!!!

The Leys said...

JILLIAN! I just saw what you wrote to Tara about Wicked coming to Cinci. I wish I could be there to go with you! It is INCREDIBLE! I saw it in Atlanta with my mom and Taylor and I just loved it. Id love to go again. when will it be there?