
so yesterday justin and I went out and got our christmas tree. i love going to get the christmas tree, its an experience to stand out in the cold and search for the one with the right height, fullness, shape, etc. and then load it in the truck and get it home. we later that night got enough lights to make me happy, im a little light happy, i like lots of twinkling =) when I began to decorate the tree justin put on a cd of christmas songs. i really enjoy this guys music that he put on. its not typical christmas songs. i think the whole cd is just beautiful, but one song in particular towards the end brought me to tears. i dont know what it is about this song but it created such a reality of what it was like the night Mary gave birth to baby Jesus. i felt as though we were connected and I knew what happened in that moment. people always tell me that I take everything personal, even things that happen halfway across the world and have nothing to do with me or will never effect me most likely, but i feel it, as though im in it, im there, its strange. i dont feel that my reaction to this song had something to do with that personality trait, i know it wasnt. it was the fact that she and i have the same saviour, the same christ that we love and he creates that connection. he can make me, 2000 years after the fact, feel something. i dont know if this makes any sense at all to you, i may sound crazy. i just felt love for her, as though mary is a friend, and im grateful for her and the role she played. God is beautiful that way. I often feel that way when Im reading the bible, the ancestors and people that went before us and paved a way, followed our Lord, they are my brothers and sisters and sometimes more than others, i really feel just that related to them. i just think its pretty incredible is all...
oh yea, the song is by on the Andrew Peterson Cd, a girl sings it, its called Labour of Love. its on my myspace too, if you were wanting to listen to it.
3 comments:
Aww, Jill, that is one of the many things I love about you - how you always feel things so personally! That makes you such a good friend b/c it just shows how much you care about other people. I love you so much, and I miss you the most at Christmastime!
My Jillo, this is so weird, but i was JUST thinking the same thing the other day..this is why we are soul-mates I believe! I was just thinking of all the Christians who came before us and that they we are family, brothers and sisters. I love what you write about Mary...I love your heart and I miss you very much!!! And now, I must go find this song! :)
Haha, i totally hadn't read this post until now and I SO already commented about the song on myspace and I just want you to know that you are not the only basketcase.....I CRIED TOO! Jon Tyner introduced me to Andrew last Christmas (maybe it was Easter, I don't know) and I immediately picked that one as my favorite song off the CD so I (being the physco weirdo that I am) proceeded to listen to it OVER AND OVER and cry hysterically! Isn't that awesome!?! haah. I love you!
Post a Comment