Well I have been getting some major complaints about the lack of posting. Im such a slacker, and for that I apologize. I have been pretty busy, and when I get time to myself, blogging is not the first thing that comes to mind, but I promise to be better with updates. With that said, I will fill you in on the past 8 weeks since the birth of my perfect and wonderful baby girl!
The beginning was a little rough, no one really prepared me for the depression i would feel about not getting any sleep. I didnt have postpartum depression or anything, I was just upset that I wasnt getting sleep. I love sleep, and it really made me sad that I never got any. Eventually I realized that this was how my life was, and once I accepted it, I didnt really care anymore. I just wasnt prepared for it to be that hard. I would get up in the middle of the night to feed her and then she would want to stay awake for like another hour. I thought I was going to pass out. I would wake justin up just to talk to me because I couldn't stay awake unless he did. We did trade off sometimes. After I would feed her if she wouldnt go back to sleep, I would just give her to him and he would get her back to sleep. Some nights he would stay up super late and take the first shift, and then i would do the rest of the night. This all lasted about three weeks and then it got much better. Then the next couple weeks she woke up twice, once at around 2 and then again around 5 and she would go right back to sleep. Then the weeks after that she would only wake up once, around 330. And then HALLELUJAH! she started sleeping through the night, at 7 1/2 weeks. this was just last wednesday, and it was the greatest. I woke up to my ALARM! i couldnt believe it. So this whole last week she has been sleeping 7 or 8 hours and a couple nights she went 9! Its incredible when you get that first normal night of sleep again. It pretty much rocks. I have to say that I find cluster feeding to be the key to these good nights of sleep. I work really hard to make sure she is eating at all the right times so at night I can really stuff her up and get her to sleep all night long. Its working so far, so Ill just keep my fingers crossed that it continues.
That really was the hardest thing, I just wasnt prepared for only sleeping like 2 hours in a row and then getting up, and doing that everyday all day, for a few weeks. Then I had to go back to work when she was two weeks old and that was torture! she would go back to sleep and I would, well if I didnt have to go to work I could go back to sleep too, but I had to leave =( To you soon to be moms out there, just know, you will probably not get adequate sleep, accept this, rise to the occasion, and dont obsess about the hours of sleep you can get if you went to sleep now...or now...or if i go to sleep now, maybe she will wake up at such and such. forget all that, just sleep when the baby sleeps, and praise the Lord for whatever you are getting. And if oyu have a stinking awesome baby that sleeps through the night immediately, well congratu-sinkin-lations. also, if you can get your mom or mom-in-law to stay with you for a while, that rocks! it was a saving grace for us while we had our moms here.
So, what else...well she has been pretty good at all her doctor appt's. Last one we went to she weighed in at 10lb 1oz, 22 inches long. we have her two month check up on Monday of next week, where she will get lots of shots from what I understand. They say this makes their legs very tender and they may be grumpy, and then tired. I hope she is ok, I dont like the shots, it makes me sad when her little heart is broken =( i always love going and seeing how much weight she has gained. she has already grown out of some of her clothes and we went up to size 1 diapers about 3 weeks ago, that was exciting seeing as we have a bunch of those that people had bought for us. then ill have to start buying them for myself =(
the latest thing that tops my list of favorite things, is my little girl smiling. she started really smiling a couple weeks ago and it increases daily. it pretty much makes me the happiest girl ever =)
well here are some randoms from the past couple months
KP loves baths, her bouncy seat, her swing, her pacifier and snuggling
fred loves to lick her face, this makes me not so happy
Kennedy likes to look at the christmas tree
she loves when i swaddle her at night and immediately relaxes, its amazing, its like she knows its time for bed=)
her eyes are so very blue, just like her daddy's, i love the beauty
she burps and has bowel movements like a champ...always pack extra outfits in the bag!
she likes car trips and walking around the stores, she just looks around at everything or sleeps, i like that she is so portable=)
i think breastfeeding is so sweet, but pumping is weird, i feel like a cow
i love that im her favorite person =)
im still obsessed with her nose, its so cute. its like a ski slope or something
if i actually take a shower and do my hair and make up, its a miracle
loosing weight is harder than i thought it was going to be =/
i have a content, beautiful, happy, pretty darn easy baby and i feel very blessed, i am so in love!
ok well thats all for now! ill be home in 9 days and cant wait to introduce my sweet girl to everyone! she is going to have a little photo session with the awesome Tara Lohse of tlohsephotography, and im super pumped about that! we also get to have christmas with both our families and see a lot of great friends which I am sooooooo excited about. ill post some pictures later for those of you who dont get to check facebook or anything.
Monday, December 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
So much great advice Jill! I'm so glad that everything is going great with your little family!!!! I can't wait to see pictures.
YAY for the update!! I love reading all about the baby raising!! I am also so happy for you and Justin that she is sleeping through the night!! I thought about lack of sleep this morning, I woke up so tired and I just thought "I better get use to being really tired"! I can't wait to see you and little KP so soon!
Hey my heart! I am also so very excited about this update and hearing all that KP likes to do! She sounds like her mom-she likes being out and about! I can't wait to meet her in only a little over a week...so surreal. I'm going to kiss that cute little nose, and not want to let her go!!! I love you my Jillo. I cant wait to squeeze and love on you either!!!
I agree.... sleeping through the night was so amazing! Jubilee satrting sleeping about 10 hours a night at 5 weeks and I LOVE it!!!! :o) Thanks for the update!
YEAH that was such a great post- thanks for showing us a little piece of your world now that Kennedy is here- i cant wait to meet her- and tell her how much i love her- hopefully she will love me too- since i will be sticking my camera in her face!!!
cant wait to see you soon
love ya
It sounds like you and Justin are doing a great job with little Kennedy! That's so exciting that she is smiling!! I hope I get to see y'all when you're home!! :)
girl...your post blessed me like nothing else!! Just hearing someone verbalize what I have going on in my head was amazing. I felt so guilty for being frustrated....for being mad that I wasn't feeling rested, and then was making myself feel like I was a horrible mom. I wish you were closer - or that it was easier to keep in touch - having other people in the same boat is nice! Well your daughter is gorgeous, I wish she could meet Isaak! =) You're doing so good!!!
Post a Comment