Tonight was a fun filled family night! we started in the village of Newtown at their Winterfest! It was so cute and fun and full of holiday type activities. There was a horse drawn carriage ride, cookie decorating, ice sculpting, hot cocoa, carolers, and Santa! I was so excited that Santa was there! I have really been wanting to take Kennedy but havent found the time nor did I want to pay, but this was FREE. We got in to where he was and saw that Mrs. Claus was also there, which I loved! They were the best I'd ever seen, the real deal! I was glad we were able to have K with this Santa and all for no cost at all, and I could take as many pictures as I wanted as well. Kennedy, however, was in no way excited. I had no clue she would react the way she did. Santa was a hit and miss this year. I suppose every kid has that one or two years where Santa is cool and all for bringing the presents, but not so much for lap sitting.

On the carriage ride

the pretty horsies

headed back to the car

Afterwards, we went to dinner, and then to the mall where they have an indoor play area. It was about 30 degrees so indoor was key, but she needed to run around and get down with her bad self. She had a good ol time. Then we got a little ice cream and headed home. She was in a much better mood when we got home, with a full belly and fun playtime. We got her ready for bed and got her in her pj's. She likes the santa on her pj's, just not the real santa. I kept pointing to him and telling her it was Santa, and she would smile, I guess Santa himself is just not ok with her this year.

Maybe next year she will be a little happier with the overall Santa situation...
3 comments:
haha! Poor little Baby K! Santa was just a little scary! She will love him next year (hopefully)!!! :)
I love all the photos of you guys at the Christmas festival too. You look so cuddly and cute! Can't wait to get home in one little week and cuddle with you two girls!!
Jill, That is TOO funny! I love that picture of KP with the Clauses! :o) She will love that one day.
I have to say that I am SO jealous of all the fun things they have up where y'all live. :o) It seems like such a neat place!!!! KP is getting lots of really fun experiences.
BHAHAHAH! I love KP, she is just honest about it, ya know? We don't need no stinkin' Claus's!!
P.S. her cute little winter hat made me remember ya'll Christmas card last year when she wore another adorable hat...where can you find them to fit small heads (ones that are cute)? I can't find any for Charleigh, and it's semi-cold down here :)
Post a Comment