made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Disney Trip Recap

WARNING: PSYCHOTIC AMOUNT OF PICTURES AHEAD!

I tried choosing my favorite pictures and moments, and apparently there were a LOT! 

We had SO much fun at Disney. I was so excited to take Kennedy and see her excitement at all the magic that IS Disney and meet all the characters that she watches and LOVES. It was worth EVERY PENNY. Just yesterday she was talking about Tinkerbell coming down from the castle, and the fireworks. I love that a month later she still thinks about it and talks about stuff we did there. 

We left that morning from Jacksonville and both the girls slept the whole way. It was perfect! We met Aunt Afton at Downtown Disney and drove in all together. She has a yr round pass including parking so we parked for free. Every little penny saved helps =) but don't expect so not spend oodles of moola at Disney...It was nice that K was free though.

We got there and I of course, wanted to take all the classic pictures, Kennedy of course wanted to run around and PLAY! We did the best we could with the pictures =/ I suppose Quinn was cool with the choke hold bc she was chill. HA!



"BEST DAY EVER!"


Dumbo: this was our first ride. It was the only ride we waited for. It was about 30 minutes and Kennedy did great. It was a lower traffic day so that was awesome that there weren't long waits. I think the longest wait was about 45 minutes so for those couple things we grabbed fast passes and came back.


Rapunzel. Kennedy loved chatting with her =) She was so sweet.


Every time I think about this moment I cry. It was EVERYTHING i hoped it would be. Kennedy really is terrified of big things like the Cow at chick fil a, or the mascots at all the sporting events. I thought this had the potential to be a disaster. Yet, it wasn't. We walked in the room, rounded the corner, and I knelt down by her and said, "Oh my goodness there's Mickey." she got a huge smile on her face and I said, "Go get him!" and she RAN into his arms and hugged him. 


then she ran to Minnie and hugged her. 


Minnie knelt down and signed, "I Love You." It was so sweet. Kennedy didn't say a WORD! She giggled like she was Star struck, the entire time.


One of the top ten moments of MY life. I know she will forget it within a couple years, but I definitely will not forget her face or excitement!






watching a parade


so happy to see Woody and Jessie


Aunt Afton was AWESOME! We could not have pulled off the day without her as our baby sitter and fast pass getter =)

Our last ride. The Magic Carpets. The WHOLE fam!


Such a great day.


some iPhone pics we snagged on the rides

Dumbo


Peter Pan, I thoink


and her take home prize. She said Sleeping Beauty was her favorite Princess she met so thats who she took home. 


I will TRY to give a bulleted blog soon about tips and whatnot for taking toddlers and babies to Disney. Some friends have asked so I thought I would give you just the things that worked for us. Obviously a baby sitter was a PLUS and thats not realistic for everyone, but I'll do my best to offer my advice =) 

Also, today Quinn is 5 MONTHS OLD! how DID that happen?!?!?!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

love this post too!!! Can't wait for the update about what not to do!! We are stoked for our trip in may..I hope Ava is just as excited!!