made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

hmmmmm, just a bunch of random thoughts

I havnt written in about a week because well, I have acutally been soooo busy! Which I love! Dont get me wrong, I understand everyone needs a little down time and relaxation and time to meditate and focus on things you arent usually able to in your busy life...but i have had down time a little toooooo long. Anyway, I do like my new job. I am pretty much doing what I have always done over the past six years, teaching gymnastics, go figure. Its the only place in the entire city of Cincinnati that wanted to hire me. Also, I started helping out with the nursery at the church down the road. its actually the church that Justin and I have been attending because when he moved here he knew a guy that went there and is the youth minister there. I like the church alright, I just dont feel like we had a chance to find something that was, for lack of a better word, fitting. However, last week when i was driving to work, I passed by a church and it had a huge sign out front that said SEX Whats the Big Deal? It was called Crossroads Community Church and so when I got home I looked it up online just to see the sort of ministries it had and the sort of goals and missions this church had. It was really interesting to see how the church started. It pretty much started out as a just a small community and has grown into a large super church, but somehow still keep that sense of community. They had in their bulletin on Sunday that they try to keep church relevant, so they dont try to make church super different than real life just because its church and its Sunday. The minister talked about Sex and different issues surrounding it and pornography, and he was just real about it. They played a little Marvin Gaye and some other fun music, I really enjoyed it. They also seem to have a really great childrens and youth ministry that I would really love to be involved in. We arent really sure what we are doing about the whole church thing, it was just really neat to go there and see people our own age. The other church we go to has really young kids and old people, not so much people our age. im trying not to look at church as something that I have to get something out of, I understand that its about me serving as well. im not looking at it as feed me, teach me, serve me...i would just like to find a place where I can fellowship and relate to people better and maybe make a few friends, as well as serve.

So, oddly enough I have this new job right, and i love it, and they all love me and we have so much fun just goofing off and teaching kids at the gym. Well, this week, within two days, i have had three calls for interviews. I mean where were the interviews a month ago when I had nothing to do and was really really really needing a job? Such is life. Well Im going on 2 interviews Thursday and another one sometime next week. We really just need the benefits. Right now im actually really sick but I dont wanna go to the doctor because I have no insurance and it would cost an arm and a leg. Hopefully ill get some full time work soon and have benefits.

Well Justin and I had a really good weekend. I love our times together. We always have so much fun just chilling on the couch or eating with all the guys at BW3's to watch the games. We had a little date night on Friday night and saw Just Like Heaven, which was such a good movie! Then on Saturday we ran a bunch of errands, in our Florida State gear of course, and then we came back home to watch the game. Oh yea, and we won, GO NOLES! Anyway, Sunday we had our meeting at Starbucks for this new 20 something ministry we are trying to start up. Its really a cool thing and the guy who started the thinking on it is really passionate about it and has some good ideas. We have just been meeting up on Sundays to brainstorm things like where to have it, how to format it, what to call it, etc. The goal is basically to make disciples who will go and make more, go figure huh, seeing as that is what we are supposed to do. A lot of times people sign up for a bible study to learn about dating or the end times, but we want to focus on the gospel and not ever saying that the gospel isnt enough. We want to start these community groups so they can go and find lost people and share the gospel and then they will start more commnunity groups and so on and so on...

Well, I have a bunch of errands to run before work so im off! have a blessed week!

0 comments: