made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Saturday, March 07, 2009

there's no place like home...


"Justin, Kennedy and I just got back from a quick trip to Pensacola last weekend. We had a few things we needed to do and we REALLY wanted to meet our new nephew. My sister Leah and her husband have two beautiful girls but felt God leading them to adopt. They started the process over two years ago and few weeks ago finally went to Haiti to bring Caleb to his new home! He was living in an orphanage there and I know he is a little shell shocked right now but he is adjusting beautiful and is an amazing kid. I feel so blessed to have this addition to our family.

Kennedy also met her other cousins. This was the first time she had met any of her cousins. She has a few more to meet but we were able to see most of them. i think she had a good time. This picture is of her with cousin Charis, who is closest in age.

Well, the trip was also yet ANOTHER good bye to the VDM's to Africa. i feel like sending them off to africa is a full time job. None the less, im glad to be there to give hugs to two amazing people and cant wait to see them again. sooner rather than later, right kris?

We had a great time with our family and friends and even getting to see one of our youth guys from Cincinnati that we led in small group just last year. He joined the marines and happens to be in pensacola for training right now.

I have to go get in bed now because its the dern Spring forward tonight so morning is coming sooner, meaning i need to be ready for church sooner, meaning i need to go to sleep now. Ciao!

1 comments:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

haha! Saying good-bye is certainly a full-time job for us too. We are always leaving FOOOOREVER, only to come back a few months later! We loved seeing you guys one more time. I loved playing with Kennedy, and seeing how much more she is smiling and laughing. She is so precious Jillo, and I know that Jesus picked the perfect parents for her. She is going to have such a wonderful life full of so much love and so much family. I love that your sisters are so much older, but Kennedy still has Charis and Claire-cousins close in age to her. That is so cool! We love you Manny's, and cant wait for our next reunion! Until then, we are praying and lifting you guys up to our amazing Father!!