made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

ONE

The last picture I took of Kennedy before she went to sleep the night before her FIRST BIRTHDAY!
So weird that I have a one year old, but so completely fabulous. Yesterday was such a fun day and I think Kennedy really enjoyed her very FIRST birthday! I was hoping to be there when she woke up, but was certain she would have woken up by the time I usually get home. I guess she knew it was her birthday and she could sleep in if she wanted to, because she didnt wake up until I got home and woke her up! I was so glad to be there when she did because Justin and I, (and of course Fred who follows us around) went in and were all, "Kennedy, its your birthday..." with creepy smiles on our faces and she was all like, "Why is everyone in my room so early...what's going on..." well, she didnt say that, but that was the glazed over-just woken up look on her face =) The morning was pretty slow because Justin had to go to staff meeting at work so we hung around the house, made a wal mart trip, in pj's, and then took a morning nap. Well, she took a morning nap, I got to working on party stuff and spray painting furniture...(party post sneak peak tomorrow)

When she woke up we got ready and got in the car to go meet Jus for lunch. I got really weird about this time because when I was getting ready to leave I realized it was 113, the exact time I had her...I was sad Justin was not there with me, bc Im an emotional person and very sentimental and was literally reliving that moment right there right then, and I just looked at her and couldnt believe it had already been a year. I remember it so clearly. How crazy fast does a year go by!?!?! So, we met Justin for lunch, at City BBQ of course, we did have that brought to the hospital when she was born, so it was only natural to eat it today =) We then just headed back home to get a good afternoon nap since the AM one was so short. I wanted her to be well rested and ready to PARTY all night long! I laid her down and Justin came home from work and I actually had to leave for about an hour to go to work myself. I came home to my happy girl all ready to go take her one year pictures! We met our friend Andrew, who likes to take pictures and has a really great camera, and took some gorgeous photos of KP. (I havent seen his yet, and Im not quite done looking through all the ones on my camera so those will be up later.)
After we were done we went back home to eat cake and open presents. She was SO cute checking out all her presents. We only gave her a few of the ones from us, I saved a couple for her party on Saturday, but I think I only needed to give her one because she was in LOVE with the cookie jar. She usually goes to bed around 8 815, and at 845 when I was thinking, ok, its getting late and took the cookie jar away, she was hysterical! I was the worst mom ever to do such a thing! I felt bad, but seriously, she has an early doctors appt, and needs rest. She was fine once we got her in bed, no worries, more cookie jar play another day. Next was the cake eating, which she also loved. I just picked one up from the Kroger on the way home from work. I wasnt sure what Id find just walking in and randomly selecting one but it was yummy and cute. We let her sit there for a while eating cake and drinking milk before we cleaned her up. I just love a baby covered in food. It just means baby was obviously having fun!

I of course got emotional at the end of the night and Justin caught me tearing. It was just so fast, this first year, and I have no way of describing how much I love her, or how undeserving I feel of having such an awesome gift as her. I love her like crazy and had such a fun day celebrating her birth bc it really was the best day EVER! Thanks God for baby K, she is awesome...

3 comments:

Beth @beth-adam.blogspot.com said...

awww she's so sweet and so are you! :)

michellelivingston said...

Happy Birthday Kennedy! This year has flown by, I remember reading your blog when you were preggo with her :) She is such a cutie.

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

Aw, I almost started crying...