made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Orange Tour, Fall Leaves, and a Happy Meal

Thursday was that conference at out church I mentioned, Orange. It was a one day thing, not like last time when were in Atlanta for four days. It was a good refresher of what we had learned and definitely reminded me of what it takes to reach the generation behind us. I do find it ironic that companies tweak their products, update their marketing, upgrade their systems, in anticipation of the future generations needs and the changing culture, yet the church is either really far behind, or totally against changing the way they "have always done it." The church is the most important institution, but its the ONE that drags its feet on "upgrading." The message is the same, the core truth will NEVER change, but the way we reach those has to change bc the culture has changed, and we need to do whatever it takes to rescue the next generation. If you are wondering what Im talking about you can visit these websites to see what its all about. Orange Conference or the Re Think website

This is Kennedy and Reggie, who is a HUGE part of the Orange thinking even being in existence. Here is a link to his book. He is friends of the Manny family so it was so nice to finally meet him and his wife since the rest of the fam already knew them.

Miss Kennedy was at home during most of the conference with my friend Jina who was so sweet to come and hang with her so she could nap at home. She later brought her up to church and KP played in the nursery and then we headed home right after it was over to get another nap in. Justin took a while afterwards bc he had to set up the sanctuary. I was SO hungry and really havent felt like cooking anything lately. I took Kennedy to McDonald's for her first Happy Meal =) On the way their I saw some pretty leaves and literally turned on a dime into a parking lot and plopped my baby down in those leaves and had a mini photo session =) She was wearing a very fall colored shirt and I thought it was all working together...im such a nerd!

She loved her happy meal, and dont worry, Im a little health crazed too. She had apples instead of fries (well I gave her a couple of my fries, they are SO good) AND I peeled all the fried part off the chicken and cut it up. I however ate a fried chicken sandwich and all the fries =) not setting a good example I guess...
It was a fun little trip to McD's and she loved her toy. A My Little Pony, I LOVED THESE when I was kid and I thought it was SO fun that that was the toy this time.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Those pics with the leaves are beautiful!! Don't feel crazy, I would and have done the same thing! There is nothing wrong with wanting to take a pretty pic and they are so pretty! I only wish we had foliage like that here! =) Of course you had to give her at least one McDino's fry, I mean come on! They are amazing!!

michellelivingston said...

Your family is so cute! Kennedy's face is precious with the happy meal box. It looks like you had a great Halloween!!!

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

Oh, LOVE the fall pictures, she looks good in fall colors!

And I could just squeeze her while she is kissing that My Little Pony!