made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

4th

Im feeling super lazy these days, so pardon my lack of posting, and writing...but who cares about the writing anyways???

We went to New Orleans for the weekend of Fourth of July, and stayed with our friends Jo and Justin. We had a really fun time and I was glad to have Justin there with me this time, bc he is fun to explore with.

Here is a recap of our trip, in pictures...

Saturday we went to the mall and ate a yummy place called Izzo's, which is a lot like Moe's but I think I enjoyed my burrito at Izzo's more =) Later that day we took the kids to the park. Brant swang in the swing all by himself for the first time and LOVED it!

That night, Jo made mexican and after the babies went to bed she and I finally had our date at Borders. It was nice to sit and look at books with a good girlfriend...I never get to do that anymore.

Sunday, we went for a late breakfast at this fun little place called Surrey's. I had the banana foster's french toast (which writing about it right now is REALLY making me want it). It was just the Manny's bc Brant was not digging the idea of being there so they headed home.
When we got home we grabbed some cash and went and waited for a street car to come pick us up so we could experience the public transportation that is the New Orleans Street Car...it was pretty fun, Kennedy thought it was cool. We rode it to Audubon Park and then let her play on the playground and then walked around to quack at the ducks. It was raining a good portion of the time, but it wasnt until the end of our time there that it started pouring and we then had to run through mud puddles to get back on the street car to go home. We stepped on VERY muddy. The people were so nice though and were giving me napkins to wipe off with, but it was all the way up my legs and on my back and even in my hair. There was no helping Justin or I. Kennedy was the only one without mud on her. It was fun though. I loved running through the rain and getting all muddy with my loves. I would so do it again.
excuse my feet, but I needed you to see how muddy just my feet were...there was still all up my back...

That night we had some hamburgers and then went to a pool at some friends of Justin and Jo's place. We swam for a while and then went and watched the fireworks from the top of the parking garage. I was glad we were far enough away, bc I dont think Kennedy would have really enjoyed being so close.

Monday we woke up and headed to the French Quarter. First stop, Cafe Du Monde! Oh man, beignets are so good.
yep, that's powdered sugar all up in her hair...whatcha gonna do?

Then we walked around the quarter until we were hungry for lunch. We ate a place called Johnny's which has great poboy's and other stuff too. Justin and I split half a muffaletta...who could eat a whole?? by themself??
Hope you had a great time celebrating the fourth too!

0 comments: