made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Fun Makeovers

I have been painting a lot lately. I just get antsy and want a project to do. However, now I am exhausted because between cleaning out and redecorating my mom's house, my own painting projects, and keeping up with my home, I am no longer antsy.

Here are a few of the things I have made over recently. By the way, I acquire each piece for free...

I dont know if you are a facebook follower or not, but I mentioned sending my hubs out one night to pick up an item off the side of the road. Well he got it, and I finally got around to fixin her up. I am planning on hanging it on the wall by my craft table to hold lots of my craft nik naks that I use frequently. I needed easier access to them, and this gives me just that!

Before:

After:

Total cost: $6   $1 for the new nob, $5 for paint

Like I said, I have been cleaning out my mom's house. With that came garage sales for a couple weeks to get rid of all the clutter. I actually found this jewelry box in the garage, and it was mine when I was younger. I thought, this could totally be cutesy again with a little paint. I had one idea, but then changed, so now I need a new pattern for the doors, but for now, this is how it turned out.

Before:

After:

Total cost:  < $3    $2.50 for paint, $0.27 for the paper in the windows


and finally, another item that was sitting in my mom's garage. We must have had 15 people come thru the garage sale and ask it if was for sale, but no, it was not! this girl had a plan for it! and it panned out nicely i think. I needed a desk with drawers bc our current desk did not have any and stuff just piled up on the top of it. Annoying to me, who likes things to have a place. Now, no more clutter! I painted it to look like some bookshelves we have from Pier 1. I think they look enough alike to make ya think they are a set possibly...

These are the bookshelves

See the clutter...

Before:

After:
in its new home...

Total cost:  $22      $10 for paint $12 for hardware

its fun turning junk into something fun!

6 comments:

Pamela Williams said...

You are so crafty and creative. It all looks Awesome! I wish I could have some of that talent.

Nicole said...

Jill- I love these projects!! They look awesome!

Heather said...

NICCCE! I wish I had your eye for things like that! I look at junk and see junk, you look at junk and see potential! I need to take on that outlook!

LisaP said...

wow i really like the desk! impressive skills.

Cassie said...

Wow, nice work!! You did what I always "think" about doing, and somehow I end up putting a movie on and eating a big bowl of icecream instead...

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

Impressive!