made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Blue Angels

This week has been so great with my brother and his fam in town. We have had a jam packed week of good times and fun stuff to do. Yesterday we went to the beach and watched the Blue Angels fly. It was a long day, considering I had a 21 month old out at the hot sandy beach for over 5 hours...but we made it, with only one small meltdown. She swam, played in the sand, played in the showers, ate snacks, watched the airplanes, and made it out of there just in time to avoid traffic and get home for a nice nap.

The last time I went to watch the Blue Angels, I was about 7 months pregnant, so Kennedy has heard them before, but this time she got to see them! I was really nervous about the noise level of the airplanes. Kennedy LOVES airplanes, and us living so close to the Naval Air Station is cool bc they are flying over all day long and she waves and blows kisses. This time they were going to be a little closer, and definitely louder. I brought earplugs and an ipod. I was almost positive that she wouldnt go for the earplugs, and would probably feel weird wearing them, which she did. Good thing I brought the ipod, bc she kept that in her ears for a while, and played with the buttons.  It distracted her just enough to not care too much about the loud planes.

sweet girls playing in the sand


mmm, watermelon

playing in the sand with Aunt Joann

before we had to get out of the water...it was such a nice day and I could have played in the water ALL day =) oh, and did I mention I have a blast with my cousins!

my cute mom and dad

this was kennedy with her ear buds in, listening to songs from Kidzone.
Nanny held them in good so the planes wouldnt scare her. I didnt want a reenactment of Katie Leonard when we were little when she scrame her head off the entire time...Kennedy did much better...thank heavens

here comes the sneak attack from behind...
"uhhh, what was that?"

Kennedy and her Great-Aunt Joann

bye bye Blues!

before we even hit the first bridge...she was pooped

0 comments: