made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Friday, July 09, 2010

Surf City


My brother and his family are in town for the week and so Kennedy has been having a blast hanging out with her Texas cousins. Today we went to a little water park here in town and it was SO very fun, for the kids and me! I have been wanting to go and my mom said that while Tanner and Taylor were in town she was thinking of taking them, so I have put it off so we could all go together. We really did have such a blast and Im glad we got to do it with them.

Now, I need to explain to you what happened while we were there...my little baby girl, who needs her mommy so very much, and cried two days ago when I dropped her off at the nursery so I could work out...was being a big girl...too big...she didnt even need me. There was a big blue slide, and I took her up on it the first time, and she sat on my lap as we went down. The second time she sat next to me and we went down holding hands. When we got to the bottom, she looked around and started walking towards the stairs that lead up to the slide. I thought, "is she really going to figure out where it is, and actually go down? without ME? no, surely she will want me =)." 

around the rocks


up the stairs


at the top, she does look terrified huh? like she's thinking, I wish my mom were here...

down the slide

and this is when I began to actually cry...I couldnt believe I was crying. I just didnt know how big she was and I think I was in a little bit of a shock.

all four of going down together
this was not my laziest ride around the lazy river, considering I had to keep her above water the whole ride around. It was interesting with little squirmy.
whatchu talkin bout willis?
thanks Nanny for the fun day at the water park!

1 comments:

Jo said...

Augh! Tell her to stop growing up and stay a baby forever! That is so sweet/sad/happy all at the same time!