made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Thursday, October 06, 2005

sad news

uh, today was such a good day. It was gorgeous outside, I was basically just pumped about life and so happy to be driving down the road to work. My mom had called me earlier today and so I returned her call. She asked me to call her once I got to work and I was confused as to why she wanted me to call her once I got here. I asked her about my sister, Leah, and her baby because I knew today was the day that Leah was having her little boy. She said she his hair was long and black and he weighed 9 pounds and 6 ounces and they decided to name his Asher Graham, so cute! Then she told me that he however had no heartbeat and was delivered this morning at 9:30 still born. I was in shock, I didnt know what to do. I immediately wanted to turn my car around and go south to get back to Florida and just hug her. It breaks my heart. So much planning and anticipation and excitement all taken away by such an interuption. I can remember just touching her belly at my wedding and talking to him and at one of my showers her lying on the bed saying I gotta sit down he is going crazy in there. I just wish she could have had her little boy, she would have loved him so much. I know Jesus gets to hold him first now and that is so cool. I cant wait to meet my little nephew in heaven one day. Im sure he is really cool! Please pray for my sister and our family. We are all so heartbroken over this and heartbroken for her and Dick and Reagan.

2 comments:

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

awww, jill that is such a sad story. I am so sorry for Leah. You guys will be in my prayers for comfort and understanding. I can't imagine what she is going through now but I do know that it is all part of God's good and perfect plan. He will use the bad for the good of those who love him. I can't even begin to guess what or why but he has a hope and a future, not plans to harm us but plans to prosper us (jer. 29:11) even little Asher, and Leah. I love you and your family and I know that God's rock is your foundation and you will get through yet another hard circumstance. p.s. Kristen and Jeremy lost their baby too
=(.......what's going on! It all just makes me so sad as I tear up right now. Don't let Leah and her husband forget for one moment that Jesus loves them so incredibly much and that he shed the first tear for little Asher. I love you

The Leys said...

Jillian, I'm so sorry for your family. You'll all be in my prayers for sure. Christi's right... it is all part of God's good and perfect plan... even though it doesn't make it easier... in fact, it reminds me of that Watermark song "Glory Baby"

Glory baby you slipped away as fast as we could say baby…baby..
You were growing, what happened dear?
You disappeared on us baby
Heaven will hold you before we do
Heaven will keep you safe until we’re home with you…

Miss you everyday
Miss you in every way
But we know there’s a
day when we will hold you
We will hold you
You’ll kiss our tears away
When we’re home to stay
Can’t wait for the day when we will see you
But baby let sweet Jesus hold you
‘till mom and dad can hold you…
You’ll just have heaven before we do

Sweet little babies, it’s hard to
understand it ‘cause we’re hurting
We are hurting
But there is healing
And we know we’re stronger people through the growing
And in knowing-
That all things work together for our good
And God works His purposes just like He said He would…
Just like He said He would…

I can’t imagine heaven’s lullabies
and what they must sound like
But I will rest in knowing, heaven is your home
And it’s all you’ll ever know…

Please let me know if I can do anything anything anything for your fam. I love you. Em