made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Sunday, February 14, 2010

day o love

It's Valentine's day, and while I agree that it's a day for greeting card companies to make money and those who sell flowers, chocolate, and cheesy stuffed animals (that end up in a good will box one day) to also profit as well, its not ALL bad. I see it as a day that reminds you to show the person you love that you do indeed love them, in a fun more unique way on this particular day. Now, some of you gals out there may have a prince charming that does romantic stuff all the time or something, but I aint gonna lie to you, my husband is not Mr Romance 365. Some men need a day that is specifically made for this sort of mushy stuff to nudge them to do something silly or of the wall to make their woman feel special. Sure, Justin does it in small ways just about every day, and thats what matters most to me, but its nice to have big surprises too sometimes, to spice it up!

So, this valentine's day, we didnt just say "to heck with this greeting card holiday," but instead chose to have a romantic night to ourselves. We did, however, go out the night before vday, since our babysitters were my parents, and I wanted them to get to go out on the actual 14th. Their very first date was on Feb. 14th 35 years ago, so I figured the day actually means something special to them. Justin and I had a night out alone, including a movie, Macaroni Grill (I really want my leftovers now that I mentioned that) and some Marble Slab. Dressing up, good conversation, and no baby on board for the night was just what we needed!

This morning we woke up and gave Kennedy her little Valentine's day treats. I got us some mailboxes from the dollar section at Target for fun, and put the valentine's cards in there. It was a fun little morning exchanging our home made cards.

Treats for my Sweet
Playing with her goodies
Me and my sweetheartMaking a Valentine for Nanny and Papa
Taking daddy his mailbox!
"Do you like it daddy?"
"Can I have my sucker now?"Hope you all had a good Valentine's and felt some love!

1 comments:

Heather said...

I know what you mean, my husband needs a special day just for romance too! A nice night out is just the ticket! :) Glad y'all had fun! And little Kennedy looks so cute for Vday! I got Ly that outfit too (it was on sale yesterday, sweet!), they're twins! Anywho, we need to have a fun playdate/game night/dinner date soon!