made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

dont hate me, but...

...this is a pictureless post. I hope you are ok with just words of what's new around here...

We have now been in the new house for one week. It's weird to say new house, since its really old, to me anyway, but its new to Justin and Kennedy. I have spent many a night here with my grandma and grandpa, but its our first time in it as a family, so its new in that way. It's going well so far. Justin REALLY likes his new job, which makes me very happy to see him enjoying his work. He loved what he did back in Cincy so I was nervous that this job wouldn't be as enjoyable, but so far so good. I on the other hand am an official Stay at home Mom, for the first time ever. I have always had Kennedy with me, since I was nannying, but now I have no where I have to be, which is new to me. Kind of weird, but in a good way I suppose...Monday, we went to Target three times, thats how bored i was and how bad i wanted to get out of the house =) I need some playdates or mom groups. I also need some sunshine and warm temps for some beach days with my girl!

I miss cincinnati so very much. i miss our friends there most of all, but I also miss having the know how to do all the fun family stuff and kid stuff. It took me a while to find the good storytime, the fun parks, the events to definitely go to...it's going to take me time to find all of that here since I never lived here with a family before. I knew where to go as a high schooler, no where, there was nothing! But Im hoping that as a mom I can find some fun places to take Kennedy and cool things to do as a family. I know some of you may know of some stuff, so if you have any you think I should know about, definitely let me know!

So, the best thing so far about being here is definitely being close to my family, finally! Monday and Tuesday we spent at my parents house for dinner, which I have never had the opportunity to do before. I was able to just call up my mom and say I wanted to have dinner, and viola, dinner was served! its awesome! today, my sister called to see if I wanted to come to my nephews' school tomorrow for a presentation they are doing, and I can actually go. I no longer have to miss all the ball games, birthday parties, and other family get togethers. Im so excited to grow closer to my sisters and be there for all my nieces and nephews.

I really do wish I had some new pictures for ya, but I have taken none! which is so out of character for me. I'll try and take some of the new digs, and Im sure I can catch Kennedy doing something crazy soon...

Have a good week everyone!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh I'm so very angry! No pictures? Grrr! But I'll get over it. :) Playdate for tomorrow = ON! Lyla and I can't wait!
BTW, I'm still trying to figure out some places to go with a kid, so when you find out let me know too! :)

Fearfully. Wonderfully. said...

I could go on, but my favorite park is Solutia Park, if you know where the old Solutia plant (now called Ascend) is then you can find the park. It's great, and they have picnic tables, restrooms, and a mini playground for toddlers. Also, Liberty has a mommy's group. It only meets twice a month right now, but that might pick up. I'll give you the schedule. And...I'm always available in the afternoons for play dates, coffee, or target runs, I love those too. I pray the adjustment goes smoothly.

Unknown said...

It will get better, Jill, just like moving to Cincinnati was rough in the beginning, and then you settled in. People always told me give it 6-12 months..i'm not sure where they get that number. Cincy took a couple years, Jersey still not there yet. so i'm with you!