Kennedy fell asleep on the way to the party, which I knew she would, it was past her nap time for that day. It didnt take her long though to realize there was things to play on, cupcakes to be eaten, AND it was an ELMO birthday party. HER FAVORITE!

Kennedy was fascinated with baby Brant. She always wanted to know where he was. Even today when we got back from the Gymboree class, she came in and said "Baby" and looked around for him. I dont think she realized they all left. It was SO cute, but a little worrisome too. She would seriously have squished him to death or gouged an eye out. We are still working on the whole gentle thing...
I had bought some stuff to make a peach dump cake of sorts that I saw on Bakerella, and I was excited to eat it. However, I mistakingly mentioned something about a Reese's cake as well and Justin Varnum was ALL about it. So on the way home from Peg Leg's I ran into Publix and got the stuff to make it. It was so easy and so yummy. I got the main recipe from here, but I didnt feel like making my own icing so I bought Betty Crocker's triple chocolate fudge chip and it was DELICIOUS! i even put on a thin layer of peanut butter before the icing to make it even more peanut buttery.

We all went to the Oar House, one of our faves around here, on Sunday night with my sister and her husband too. It was nice bc there was about 10 other people and they all were sitting in the bar area, so we had the main restaurant part all to ourselves basically. K does get antsy so it was awesome to just let her run around and there were no people for her to interrupt =) We got there just at sunset and it was gorgeous outside so we took a few pictures. There are some steps down to the water and Kennedy was not pleased with me refusing her to go down to the water. Sorry dear...

fun with aunt B!
Well, Ive finished the dishes and the laundry is in. Good thing its a nasty day bc I am making myself get the house back to normal! We had fun Varnum's. cant wait to see you again soon!

0 comments:
Post a Comment