made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Sunday, February 07, 2010

The Move

Justin's dad arrived in Cincinnati on Saturday and they went to pick up the truck and immediately began packing. I loved Floyd...fresh off the plane and an EARLY morning, and already prepared to work hard and get the house packed into the truck. I was not nearly as prepared. I was actually getting my hair done when they arrived and the truck was half way packed when I showed up, only an hour after they had started. These boys were speedy! We had SO many friends to help us. Girls to help get the boxed packed, and boys for the heavy lifting. It was incredible to have all of them there. It, of course, made me not want to leave and made me all the more sad to say to goodbye to these INCREDIBLE people...
We ran out of boxes and all the big things were on the truck except for our bed, so we stopped for the evening, grabbed some dinner, and went back home to get ready for bed.

Sunday was our last day at Mt Carmel and it was definitely going to be difficult. Saying goodbye to these people who had made us feel so loved and at home in a place that was definitely not home, was going to be hard. I had to sing at all the services and Justin of course had work to do, so we had stuff to take our minds off it being our LAST day there. I did however get sad going back to the sanctuary to sing at the end of last service. I love singing with Tim, he is such a passionate worshipper and truly loves praising God and leading others to do so. I realized this was my last time getting to do that, and it all started to hit me, that this was it. I stood there leading those people in that last song and was so grateful for the opportunities God had given me at this church in so many ways. That church means so much to us and we will always remember that time in our lives.

Here are some pictures from our last Sunday there

Kennedy loved playing in the nursery, especially on the slide. She had some awesome people in there taking care of her!

Where you could find him on Sunday mornings, not as blurry though, in real life
They had a reception type lunch for us after church. Catered by City Barbque of course =) It was so very sweet and we loved getting to see everyone




with all the Anderson'sIt's going to be tough adjusting. I have already woken up one morning crying and another just closing my eyes picturing us back in our home there. I am a very sentimental person, if you cant tell, and so it will take me longer than Justin to close this door...

It's time for a different season though.

0 comments: