made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Dad's Party Details


The theme of Dad's party was like The Beach Boys meets Tommy Bahama. I like the Caribbean blue color so I used that and then added some green, and deep orange. I found this shirt actually, on the Tommy Bahama website, and went from there with all the details.

Funfetti Cupcakes for the kids. I made the starfish and sand dollars with some candy molds I found on Amazon. The peanut butter candy melts are SINFULLY good.
Cake table. I later moved the big "70" to another table, of which I did not really take a good photo of
see, not a good photo. this was after the party was over and we had pretty much cleared everything off the tables. 
on the entry table we had a bunch of pictures of dad through the years. So fun to look back at some of these old photos.

These were the flower arrangements I made. The twigs I found in my yard and spray painted them white. The flowers I got SO cheap from a florist here in town that used to be in Dad's sunday school class. SHE HOOKED ME UP. The tins the flowers were in are from Target dollar bins. The lanterns are from Joann's. They are now on my dining room table and I love them so much I just may leave them there for a while...

my friend Jo suggested this recipe and they were amazing. It's from the Pioneer woman
the cake was AMAZINGLY delicious. A girl I found through my friend Christy made it. Her cakes are adorable and she was so great to work with on this one. You can visit her website here.
this is my sisters Beth's recipe. I am going to have to get it from her and share it bc it is so good. we had a TON of good food there.

I was at my parents one night and saw this surfboard lying in the grass. Dad had it hanging on the privacy fence with some other beach stuff but it was getting gross and so he took it down. Mom said they werent planning on doing anything with it, so I confiscated it. Justin sanded it down, filled in the bad looking areas with wood putty, and then painted it. Everyone at the party signed it, and then we sprayed it with a sealant to keep it looking nice for a long time. Great parting gift for dad!
I love a good party!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

u r so talented with your cute party decorations! those cupcakes look good.