made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Sunday, April 04, 2010

Egg Drop

                        
I have not been to an easter egg hunt of sorts, in quite some time, well, since I was the one doing the hunting actually. This year I thought maybe Kennedy would want to try it out. Last year she had just learned to sit up on her own so it was obviously not the time to attempt a hunt then. We have gone to Flamingo Road Church here in Pensacola that past month and have really enjoyed it. A girl I knew from my college days is actually the children's director there and our first Sunday visiting, we heard all about this egg drop from her. It sounded so cool so I definitely made plans to take K.

It. was. HUGE.


There were probably about 5500-6000 people there. GREAT outreach for the community to be loved on, and have all those volunteers out there meeting people and inviting them to church and just being real with them. 

Please excuse my hair. I do not know WHAT was happening that day. I came with it already wet AND it was humid...oh well...
                      
Our friends Rhett and Heather were coming with little Lyla, and we all met down there a little before the helicopter drop was scheduled. We took a picture with the Easter bunny, which is similar to that of the one with Santa. Not quite as devastated...Kennedy did however, LOVE the bounce house, and was hard to coax out of it, but the eggs were awaiting us. We headed over and waited for the helicopter to come and drop the thousands of eggs. 


So very cool...
            
And we're off!

She was good and really understood that you grab them, and then put them in your bucket. We had to stop her before she took them all and other kids were left with none. Some parents kids did not understand this...

It really was utter chaos out there, and I lost Justin and Kennedy. I found them already digging into the eggs and eating some candy from inside them.  


had to visit the bounce house again one more time!
Lyla was partying in the USA...haha! 
so put your hands up...



3 comments:

Jo said...

Ok, I have a question about this egg drop before I take my unsuspecting boy there next year. At what velocity do these eggs actually drop from the air? Fast enough to cause a concussion? I'd really hate to sue a church to cover my hospital bills. :)

But seriously, what happens if you get knocked in the head with an egg being dropped out of a helicopter?

Heather said...

Jo, don't worry about concussions...the eggs were dropped out on to the field (where no one was standing) from a tiny miature sized helicopter. Very safe! Sorda...
Jill, you are so good with the picture taking! I am so sad my camera messed up while at Sonny's because I really wanted to get a pic of Kennedy shoveling in sliced turkey! That was so cute! We always have a lot of fun with The Manny's and yes, apparently Ly is a Miley fan?!

Jo said...

That is so funny about Lyla and Miley! I actually do really like that song, but I can't hear it now without singing "Dunder Mifflin is a part of Sab-re!" hahaha