made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Monday, June 07, 2010

weekend in pictures

A busy but very fun weekend with my family!

Friday Justin had to work late, so me and Kennedy went downtown and played in the water at Plaza De Luna. She was more interested in all the pigeons than the water splashing out of the ground. It was fun either way. I just wasnt thinking we needed to drive downtown to play with the rats of the air...blerg

Saturday we all slept in to about 930, which was AWESOME. I couldnt believe my baby girl let me do that! Pancake Saturday was spiffed up by my purchase of BOGO whipped cream at Publix this week =)

Afterwards we made a spontaneous decision to go to the beach, considering we arent too sure how much longer it will be very fun to go to...darn oil...It was nice though, a little cloudy, which I like since I have a pale skinned baby girl.
one crew of men I saw cleaning up stuff, however I never saw any oil, or tar
here are a few pictures down in the water, still no sighting of the tar balls
I dont know if you could tell from those, but the water is still looking pretty good...

After the beach, we came home and Kennedy took a good long nap. It was thundering and raining like crazy, so Justin and I sat in the living room just listening to the rain and reading our current books. It was soooo nice to relax to the sound of rain with a good read after a fun morning at the beach! When K finally woke up, we went to Red Robin to get Justin's free birthday burger. I wanted the free ice cream love embarrassing Justin, and Kennedy loves when people sing happy birthday, so I made sure they were aware it was his bday =)

Sunday we came home after church and grilled out and then headed to the nephews birthday party. Ben and Brett had some water slides set up, and the kids LOVED it and I loved watching them. They are such great kids =)
my fun niece Reagan, so full of personality
Kennedy wasnt too excited with the slip n slides, so I brought this around for her and she was much more satisfied with the actual slide.
Now Im sitting here waiting for Kennedy to go to sleep. She fell asleep on the way home from the party and then slept in her bed for about an hour and now its 1046 and she is wide awake watching Toy Story 2. She has had this happen before. Every few months she has a weird night where she just doesnt want to go to sleep. It's odd for her, because she is always one to just lay right down and go to sleep, no trouble, at 830 every night. I dont mind nights like tonight though bc I have to admit, I like late night movies cuddling with my girl =)

0 comments: