made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Cincinnati trip

Well, after 7 months of being away, we just had to go back and see everyone. It was so weird how it felt like we never left...I mean, it felt the same, not like we had actually moved. It just felt like we had been on a long vacation, and now we were back. Except for the part where we never went to our house there, and we left four days later. Even though we were there for a short time, it was SO good to go and see everyone and Im so glad we went. 

We stayed with our friends Jimmy and Julie, who were so sweet to let us stay all weekend and were always accommodating to whatever we wanted to do. They knew we were excited to be back and wanted to go and do a lot of different things. All our friends were great with just eating wherever we wanted, and going to do whatever we wanted to do...I miss all those sweet people!
I think Justin and Jimmy were the most excited to see each other. Julie and I kept joking about how giggly and childlike they were. They were so happy to be together again...
Kennedy got a lot of play time with her Cincinnati buddies, especially Claire, who she still asks me about, but she calls her Clara...or at least that's what it sounds like. She also got to play on Claire's swing set a lot which was fun for her bc it was her first time on a big girl swing! She did bust once, but she got back on a few minutes later, so I dont think I scarred her too badly...
Kaylyn, Kennedy and Claire
This picture cracks me up because Claire is holding on to Kennedy for dear life...
Skyline time
Seriously two of my very favorite people ever
I guess it was story time with Haley...
Jenny, the horsey...
They were so in love all weekend long

Back from golfing...they did a lot of golfing...
Im thinking there are baby carriages and shopping carts in their futures...
now Storytime with Brian. This guys about to have a baby girl...I think he'll do great!
Well, we did have a great time hitting up our favorite restaurants, golfing, and shopping. The best parts for me were just sitting around with our friends and laughing and talking bc it has seriously been forever since we did that. I miss that group and that connection with people who arent family, but they definitely feel like it. Hopefully we will see them again soon!

We had an interesting road trip on the way back, but I'll have to post later about that...Kennedy needs to have a tea party right now.

0 comments: