made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Friday, February 06, 2009

babies need so much stuff, or is it me that needs it?


So here are some pictures of when my parents and Kristi and Ruco came to visit. We went shopping a couple days and my mom got Kennedy sooo much stuff. When we were in babies r us, Kristi and I were just talking about how there is so much stuff for babies. They need so much stuff. Well it's funny, because Im pretty sure she could live without half the stuff she has. all she really needs is food and shelter, and I provide both of those =) So allll the other stuff is really for me =) The cool toys to put her in so I can get some stuff done or take a shower, for me. The stroller and bjorn so I dont have to carry her all the time, for me. the cute clothes that people "Aw" and "how cute" at keep her warm, sure, but mostly, its for me.

Well my mom did get her a lot of new goodies, but her biggest new thing, which again is more for me, is a lightweight stroller. The one we have that came with our travel system is awesome and I love it. Its easy to use and has a big basket and all, but it takes up a lot of space in my trunk and it weighs a ton! So after pushing around every umbrella stroller in babies r us, practicing how to fold and unfold, and carrying them to see how heavy, I finally picked one. Again, sorry kristi for making you go through all of that with me =) and thanks mom. I think she likes it!

Well I had to get it out and play with it! I can hold her and open and close it and carry it all with one hand!!!!! I know, Im easily stimulated =)

4 comments:

Ruco van der Merwe said...

i had so much fun shopping for kp. she is definitely becoming a pro shopper already after hanging out with the two of us and nanny! i really cant believe her big smile in these photos...i think she is REALLY enjoying her new stroller we picked out! she is sooo very cute jill...i just love her! i miss you girls.

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

sorry, i didn't realize Ruco's account was signed in...:)

Heather said...

That is so funny because I was thinking the same thing the other day. Rhett and I were getting a Bumbo and Rhett was like "what's it for" and I said "they just like to sit in it, I think". Shoot, I know I didn't have all that stuff when I was a baby! But it sure is fun to shop for the baby stuff! PS. I like her new stroller! She sure is happy baby!

Denise said...

I just wanted to tell you that you have a beautiful baby and a lovely family. I am so happy for you. Maybe one of these times you are in town, Beth and I could meet you somewhere so I could see Kennedy (and you, of course). Tell your mom I said hi. In case you are wondering, this is Beth B's mom.