made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Friday, June 19, 2009

i think i may start to like yard saling

last weekend a friend of mine invited me to come along with her and some other gals from church to a HUGE neighborhood yard sale. Now, I've never really been a yard saler per say, but there were a couple things I had been wanting, and thought maybe i could find them so I gave it a shot. Nothing against yard sales, i just dont have the patience to look through stuff and have an open mind in using random stuff for something AWESOME, like a lot of you crafty creative people do. So anywho, I had three things on my list: a bike seat (the girls I nanny really want to go bike riding and Im in need of a seat for Kennedy so I can ride with them) a play table (because my little girl loves to just stand and I thought she might as well stand at something entertaining) and a wagon (for pulling her around in for fun)

Well, Im happy to say that I found two of those items and a few other things that I just had to have. I think I may like the ole yard sale circuit after all =)

Well here are my purchases of the day that Im super proud of!

The bike seat, for FIVE dollars! Now we can go bike riding, if I can remember how to ride a bike, that is...
This table was my favorite find of the day. I was looking for one at every garage sale bc I just really wanted her to have one to play with! I looked at Target and they are $40 new, and this one was $2, and it is in perfect condition, even with new batteries! and she LOVES it! and Im glad its Leap Frog, bc everything else we have is FPrice, and Im pretty sick of the same songs and voices on EVERYTHING!!!!
And last but not least, a Baby Boggan! It was an impulse purchase but it was only $3I cant wait for it to snow. YES i did just say that!!!!

Now for my favorite products that you will need after purchasing "used" items...
thank you clorox =)

1 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my gosh you did do so good!! I've never really been a yard sell goer either, but geez at the deals you get! I can't wait for it to snow up there so we can see some pics of KP on the little sled thing! And I love the bike seat. She'll love that because I can remember riding on one of those with my mom when I was little! I would carry the bat (just in case mean dogs wanted to chase us)! =)