made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Sunday, January 10, 2010

friday family fun in the snow

It has been snowing pretty much nonstop the past four days. There have been breaks, but pretty much at least flurries the whole time. I have so enjoyed it! I love sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee and looking at the window. Its so gorgeous and it has yet to get old to me, and now I guess it wont ever get old since this is my last few weeks in a cold snowy climate.

Thursday was a snow day for pretty much everyone. No school, and justin only went into work for a couple hours. He headed home early to avoid any crazy traffic or poor road conditions. We spent the rest of the day working on house projects, packing, and trying to stay warm. I'll update you on the progress of our projects later, and why Im a little frustrated about it all...

anyways, Friday my girls I work with had a two hour delay. I had to work, but not at 630 am, I didnt go in until 830, which was nice to have two extra days of sleeping in. When I got home, Justin and I took Kennedy sledding again. I was so glad he was able to see her this time bc she really is so cute and happy in her little sled. We got some videos too. I feel kind of bad I didnt take him the first time with us :/ I'll just pretend this time with all of us was her very first time! She wont even know =) There was a lot more snow this time though, so as she was going down the hill, the snow would just pile up into the sled. She was so wet within 15 minutes with cold snow. We had to leave bc I didnt want my lil sweetie to freeze!

I have sooo many cute photos of her sledding and its hard to choose, so just get ready for a lot of pictures =)"that's a lot of snow on me momma."let's do it again!she got a bit of snow on her, and she wasnt too happy about itand now she's ready to go
after our fun sledding, we went home for K to take a nap. Later that evening, while Justin worked on house projects with our good friends Matt (thanks for helping Matt!) Kennedy and I went to Ikea! Like I said in a previous post, I am trying to hit up the spots I will miss or not have once I get to Pensacola, Ikea was definitely one on my list. I finally got Kennedy a cute play table with super fun and cute chairs to match. I cant wait to put them in her new play room at my grandma's house. PS-we are going to be living in my grandma's old house, and I will never not call it "Grandma's house" even after I've lived in it, so try not to get confused =)

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Oh my goodness Jill, her faces in those pictures are priceless!! Hope you continue to have fun in all the snow while you can!

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

I seriously love all these photos! I think the cutest of all is her sad face. But I feel like it is so wrong for me to think that pitiful face is SOOO cute!! haha! I really love my little K and miss her lots already. I am praying that in 2010 we will have lots of good, quality time with you Manny's!!! Love you guys and miss you so much!!