
Since I dont really have too much to blog about, here are some random things that have been on my mind. Get ready, these are meaningless and somewhat shallow =)
1. I really want a globe. The world is interesting to me. I desire to travel, and see different cultures and places. I think its a healthy thing to want to be educated about this world I live in, with hands on experiences. It's much bigger than just my corner of Florida and I like to look at a globe and see where things are, and how big or tiny a country may be, etc. Is that too much to ask!?!?!

2. I got Kennedy the cutest little bathing suit, but they were out of the size I was thinking she needed so I ordered one size bigger. Last year she wore a 12 month suit at 9 months so Im hoping that she needed the bigger size anyway bc I LOVE this suit!

3. My sisters and I are throwing our dad a birthday party for his 70th, yes SEVENTY!, and Im already overwhelmed with the amount of inspiration and ideas I have found. I need to focus it all and pick exactly what is going to be done so we can all get to work. I just want it to be perfect for him bc he is AMAZING and deserves an AMAZING party with everyone he loves! Throwing a child's birthday party is much different than one for not only an adult, but a man. Any helpful advice is welcome =)
4. I just LOVED this little picture I stumbled upon. So true for me...

5. I know WAY too many theme songs to children's television programs. At any given time you will hear me singing or humming Elmo's World, Clifford, Diego, Backyardigans, and those are just a few of the ones you can catch me performing. It's scary...
6. Im contemplating the start of some potty training around here. I dont know what potty, book, etc. to get that will help or work best, so any advice would be much appreciated. I saw an Elmo potty today at WalMart, (yes I went to WalMart despite my hatred for it) but I wonder if Kennedy will be sad to poo poo or pee pee on Elmo since she loves him SO much...

they also had one that looked like Fred, how hilarious...

7. THANK YOU JESUS! As I am sitting here typing this and Kennedy is sleeping, I get a call from Compassion from a lady calling to let me know that BILLY IS OK! His home has been completely destroyed and so we have the opportunity to assist them with rebuilding, which I am so thankful to do. Im just SO glad he is ok! Thank you for your prayers, and continue to pray for the people of Haiti, and now Chile. This devastation is real, even if we dont feel it directly, its very real for someone else. If you have been saving up for a rainy day, give it to these people. It might not be raining where you are, but its pouring in other peoples lives and God has called us to assist.
and lastly, a little video of us teaching Kennedy how to eat Spaghetti the fun way. She sometimes sucks the noodle right up! It's hilarious!

4 comments:
I am so glad that you got that bathing suit after all! It is SO adorable. Hot pink and navy look so good together... someone should work a wedding around that color scheme...
Hey Jill, glad to hear you're settled in Pensacola! It's so nice hearing about all that glorious weather you're having...we still haven't seen much above freezing here (at least the darn snow is gone!). I just thought I'd comment on a few things-so that funny picture you posted of the woman about taking care of the house-I JUST SAW notepads and recipe cards with that picture (and other cute ones too) at Michael's in their dollar bins. Check them out! Potty training: whew, what a tough game. I recommend the Once Upon a Potty book/video/doll (there's a girl version and a boy version). HOWEVER, the song that is at the end of the video is EXTREMELY ANNOYING and addicting. But kids love it! And if you already have a ton of songs you're singing in your head, you might as well add another one! You can get the whole set in the One Step Ahead Catalog I think.
Anyway, glad to hear you're doing well :)
I got J a book about the potty that she ONLY gets to look at on the potty. She LOVES it and loves to sit on the potty. I started by putting J on the potty first thing in the morning to pee and she did it every morning....and then we got sick for like a month and so potty trainging took the back burner. Two days ago she said poo poo and pooped ont he potty! She surprised me, but they really do pick up on it. I have found that just letting her tell me works best for us. All kids are different. She is by NO MEANS 100% potty trained, but she gets it and does it when she feels like it. I feel liek the no pressure approach is best. Also, I have heard from other moms not to get any potties that make noise when you go in them. The kids treat them more like toys than potties :o)
I'm taking notes here! :) Personally, I like the doggy one!! Ha! Now that's funny!
And I love the bathing suit as well!! So cute! I can't wait to see it on her when we all are laying out at the beach!! Ahhhhh! That will be so nice!
Post a Comment