Last night was a hard night for Kennedy and I. She woke up at midnight covered in her own puke. It was NASTY and smelly. I felt horrible for her, she was just sort of whimpery and confused as to how her body just did that. Once I got her all cleaned up and the blankets and sheets off her bed. I laid her back down and she went right back to sleep. Except for 20 minutes later she threw up again. I figured, this may last for a bit, so I may as well just take her out of her bed and let her sit with me until I feel like she will make it longer without vomiting. We came in the living room and snuggled up on the couch with a bucket next to us. She has never been sick like this, where she would just sit in my lap and let me comfort her. For her, it was no fun at all, but for me, it was a moment of intimacy, where she needed me and she allowed me to hold her and just kiss her on the head, and tell her I love her and that I'm so sorry she feels so bad right now, but it will be all better soon.
Just then, I remembered the Rob Bell Nooma video, Rain, where he talks about this very thing happening between God and man. The suffering, its needed to build that intimacy and love. For us, its horrible, but for God, its an incredible time of showing us HE holds us, and loves us, and that soon, it will all be better.
I have written before about how God continues to reveal himself threw all the seasons of life. As a daughter, a wife, and now a parent. I have to say, as a parent, I am definitely learning the most incredible things about how the Father loves. The way God feels about us, is more and more evident now that I have a child, and feel this type of love for her.
Suffering is no walk in the park, pain is never enjoyable. However, sometimes its needed to create a reliance on God, an intimacy with Him, to where He is able to hold His child and say, "I love you, its going to be better soon." And in that moment, I can, like Kennedy did, feel comforted and loved, and taken care of by our Father.
God never wastes pain.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow, I love this post. Thanks for sharing what God is teaching you through the love you have for Kennedy. He has given you so much wisdom and understanding...I love being your best friend, because I get to soak it all in. ;)
I miss you everyday...
You are the best wife ever! I did help with the sheets though.
Post a Comment