made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Monday, May 03, 2010

friends make me sane

When I left Pensacola five years ago, and moved to Cincinnati, I had to adjust to the new life, make new friends, find a job, find a church that we could get involved in, etc. Well, you would think that when I moved back to Pensacola it would be simple to just go back to how things used to be, bc I have already been here, but not so true. We were gone for over four years, it didnt stay the same and it wasnt waiting for me the same way I left it. Nor was I the same when I returned. Now, I miss our small group in Cincinnati, our church, our lives, and am having to adjust to this new life, event though I've been here before. It's been hard. It's hard on Justin, its hard on me, its hard on our relationship...and three months later, we are still trying to figure it all out.

We keep talking about what it was like when we moved to Ohio. It took a while to get used to it. It took months to make friends. I now realize that what made me go from being lonely and pretty much depressing to be around, was friends. Friends that made me feel truly loved, encouraged, cared for, and comfortable, they made me feel like me again. This past week has been SO much better, because I feel like I have been able to hang out with some really great people who are fun, edifying, and easy to talk to and be around. Of course, having one of my best friends back in the states doesnt hurt either =) Having great girlfriends around me restores my sanity when the lonely starts creeping in.

So back to that part about my best friend Kristi being back from Uganda. Man am I glad she is here for a little while. Unfortunately, her husband Ruco already left. We didnt get much time with him at all, but he had to get to Haiti to work! Here are a few pictures from our fun night with them.


So glad to have these two back! Kennedy LOVES her Uncle Ruco and Aunt Kristi!
Aunt Kristi with her little nieces!
She always looks at mommy in pictures, Im not quite sure why, but its sort of cute =)

the van der Merwe's love their sushi!
me and my Tori
this was Friday at the beach with some friends. Kennedy was rubbing sand all over Charleigh. My child is so crazy! Sorry Christi that my child likes to play with the rules of normal social boundaries with your baby...

Ahhh, good friends are good for the soul...fo sho...

6 comments:

Jo said...

"playing with the rules of normal social boundaries"... is that a Friends quote? hahaha

I am just so sad that I am not there!

Mrs. J Manny said...

hmm, it may resemble something Mike said about ross is season 10 =)

I cant help it! it just happens!

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

I have also loved being home to laugh, talk, and cry with my little soul-mate!! 3 more weeks of sanity for both of us! Then our husbands have to re-adjust to how emotional and INSANE we will be when we have to leave one another again!! haha!

Anonymous said...

Jill..I can so relate to the needing friends thing...We have been here for over four months now and haven't really made any friends yet..besides co-workers..we are ready to move back to pensacola..just a few great friends is all you really need. We will have to get up for some major beach time and play dates when we return!!

Jo said...

I KNEW IT! It was that night they were hanging out with nothing to talk about, and then Mike had to answer the phone b/c slutty Rachel gave some guy her number! I KNEW IT!

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

Charleigh doesn't seem to mind :) we love Kennedy and her cute little rebelious self!