I was excited for Wednesday bc we had plans for the Zoo! We were supposed to go in the morning but somebody decided it would be great to wake up at 630 and need a nap at 11. Seeing as the zoo opened at 10, we didnt get to go in the morning. I was so excited to take Kennedy to the Zoo for Kennedy. I took her a few times in Cincy, but she didnt care last year. It was mostly for me and Jenny to just walk around and talk. K was too young to care or notice. She loves animals so this time I wanted her to be awake, not sleeping in her stroller, so she could see everything. Plus having a toddler out in the hot sun at naptime...who knows what tantrums she would throw! Do any other moms feel this way about their toddlers getting naps??? I feel like a crazy person sometimes, "well, thats Kennedy's naptime, so sorry, but we cant ___(you fill in the blank)___." I dont know, I just hate feeling like that, but at the same time I want her to be a good happy baby...For example, she takes a nap in the middle of the afternoon, and I always want to go to the beach, but she is definitely not going to take a nap there, so I always have to go in the morning and get home by noon, or just go after 4. Who goes to the beach at THAT time?!?! grrrr
Anyway, sorry about the sidenote, but Im just curious as to how other mom's handle all that.
We did make it to the Zoo after her nap, and she LOVED it. She got out of her stroller and looked at all the animals and would say the names if I told her what they were, and make the noises. It was so cute and so fun watching her take it all in. She really does LOVE animals. and i love her...
"Alice the camel had 5 humps so go Alice go, boom boom boom..."
A traumatic event happened somewhere between the giraffes and the elephants. Kennedy pulled my Canon off the stroller, and it will no longer take pictures. Luckily I still can turn in on and get the pictures off. We are getting it looked at now, so hopefully it will be a quick easy CHEAP fix...
We left there and walked around the quarter and the market and then grabbed some lunch before we had to get on the road back to Pensacola. It was a great fun trip and I cant wait to go back soon and have some more fun!
It was so good to see Justin soon after getting back in town. We have a three day limit, three days is all we can take apart. After that we start going nuts and really missing each other and just want to get back home. This was only a two and half day trip, so we both did ok =)

2 comments:
I am sooo the same way about naps ... we went to my cousin's wedding yesterday at 2 which was right in the middle of nap time and Kenzie was sooo tired by the end.
I am pretty protective of my sons naps. He is 13 months old and usually wakes up with the sun (grrrr about that!) so that means 5:30-6:00 and so he is still getting 2 naps (one at 9:00 and another around 2:00). My window of opportunity to do something seems very small, but I also tried to get pregnant for 8 years, so I don't mind it too much!
Post a Comment