made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Saturday, May 08, 2010

Hot Afternoons

Holy macaroni it's SO hot already! I was just thinking the other day that, it's only the first week of May, and its hot and humid, what is it going to be like in the middle of July!??! My skin must of thickened up when we lived in Ohio, but I need it to get used to the heat again bc I can barely stay outside for more than 15 minutes. All this heat drives me towards places to hang out with air conditioning, a pool, ice cream...things that are cool. No, not cool, just cool. Kennedy has been waking up earlier than usual, so it makes our hot afternoons long and in need of entertainment. She LOVES to play "ouside" so I called Heather and Yyya (Lyla) on one of these blistering days, and we decided to head to the splash park. Aunt Kristi wanted to play in the water too, so it was a fun girls day in Malbis!
how is it that Kristi looks cute even with her eyes closed...
time for ice cream! 
I love going to place with good shopping, ice cream, and a place for the kiddos to play! 
Thanks girls for a fun afternoon!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Aww! Such great pictures! :) We had so much fun! And seriously, I can't imagine how hot it's going to get!! Whoa! I always forget just how hot it gets here. Anywho, also thank you for introducing me to Fracescas (sp?)... Rhett says thank you too! Ha. And lastly, I love your new header!! I'm thinking I need to update mine as well seeing as how the pics are so old! :)

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

I had so much fun with you girls too, I am just seeing the photos and your blog post!!! KP just loves a good time like her mama! She is so happy in that first photo!! I love you girls and am so happy to be home to do fun things together, even just for a few weeks!