made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Monday, August 22, 2011

Pottyin' Pottyin', YEA!

I had stated in a previous post about trying to potty train Kennedy. Well she is now potty trained, but I still have no idea how it happened and have no expertise on the subject, but it was so easy. Once a month I would spend a day or two trying it out. Id put her in undies and ask her if she needed to go, put her on just to check, all that sort of thing. She was saying no every time I asked, and would end up going in her pants and not telling me. I would give up after one day if it didn't work because I had been advised by a lot of moms that when they are ready, they're ready, and you will know. I took her actions as a hint that she was just not ready. Her still only being two it didn't stress me out. Well after Quinn was born and Myra was here, she started really getting on her about going in the potty and Kennedy seemed to be catching on. 

How hilarious are they?!?!


Well then Myra left and so did all the peeing in the potty desires. Then about a month later Kennedy woke up one morning and asked if she could wear her panties. I was all for it and put a pair on her and told her she had to tell me when she needed to go potty. She did! Every time. She didn't even have an accident for days. She still has accidents, but just like one every four or five days, but she is doing great! I can't believe that I never had to harp on her, it just happened! I really thought you had to really "train" a kid, but I guess all kiddos are different. Apparently Kennedy wanted it to be her choice =) Of course...

1 comments:

Jo said...

This post cracked me up because I can so remember singing this song together last month! hahaha I love that girl who loves to potty!