made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Monday, July 13, 2009

Fun Filled Weekend

Dont you just hate when Monday rolls around and you know you have to wait 5 more days until the weekend? Well since we have fewer play days than work days we must make the most of them. This weekend we did just that! WARNING: this post contains a lot of pictures...

I dont know about you, but I love me some Chik fil a. It's probably my number one fast food restaurant. Last Friday was dress like a cow day, so of course I dressed Kennedy up all cute, I dont need much of an excuse to do that. My girl got me a free 12 piece chicken nugget =) If she dressed like a cow from head to toe, I was told that was how you got a free meal. Nonetheless, a free entree was fine with me. Besides, I really just did it for the fun of it, not so much for free food, and it was fun and she was uber cute!

After that we ran over to the Woodland Mound so I could run the trail and Justin could take Kennedy to the splash park. It was about 92 degrees, so I ended up not running and just sitting in the water as well. I love taking her there bc she sleeps sooo well after a long day in the water and a lil bit of sun. I was pretty drained from the sun as well, so going to the gym after was not as fun, but I am trying to be disciplined. boo

That night we had a nice little quiet evening at home. Justin and I are watching the Harry Potter's since the new one comes out in a couple days, YAY!!!!!! Tara, I wish you were here to watch it with me! We dont really go to movies a whole lot anymore, so I like to make it as fun as possible and so we popped popcorn and ate twizzlers (pull and peel of course), the same as when we do get to go to the theater.

Saturday we had a little day trip to Columbus. We had some friends getting married and decided to go early and shop at a really good big mall they have there. It was a fun day being outside Cincinnati and doing new fun things. I always enjoy a change of scenery. The wedding was so gorgeous and we were so happy to see our friends gettin hitched. Kennedy did pretty well too. I did have to take her out during the wedding because she just wants to talk and talk. Did I mention that on Friday she started saying uh oh. It's so funny. She says it about everything tho, so I think we need to start teaching her when it applies. (video of that on vlog)

So last night we did something sort of special. I havent been on a dinner cruise since Nashville cheerleading trip 1997, but we went on one last night for our friends birthday. Jenny and Kyle both turned 30 this year, so Kyle's parents had a big ole shindig on board the Riverboat. It was so fun hanging out with all our friends and having a whole night out (minus babies) AND listening to Karaoke. Hilarious.


me and the birthday girl!
Alas, it is monday, no more weekend. BUT my sweet little baby is 9 MONTHS OLD TODAY! I'll of course have a little photo shoot with her momentarily and post that later tonight if I get a chance. I cant believe how big she is getting. Man I love her!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Holy mess I can't believe she's 9 months!! That's so scary! She'll be 1 soon!! That's funny that she's saying uh-oh...Rhett and I were in church yesterday and a little baby behind us kept saying uh-oh and it was cracking us up! I wonder why they say uh-oh so much?! Ha ha! Anywho, she was defintiely cute as a little and you look beautiful in that pink flower dress! That's all! =)

Heather said...

as a little cow is what I meant to say.. =)

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

I love my KP in her little cow outfit! She is too cute for words. I could eat her up!

I miss you so very much my heart. Pray for me that I can make it 7 1/2 more months before seeing you Manny's again. OK?

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

Okay, you are going to DIE! so funny! Justin and I are riding down the road and see a sign for "dress like a cow day" at chick-fil-a. I am trying hard to make us live on a budget so I suggested that we do that, and get free food. He informed me that I was crazy and normal people don't do things like that...to which I said, and I quote, "Well, Charleigh and I aren't normal and don't be surprised if you come home periodically and we are dressed like cows, or a farm animal of choice to get free food..." hahah and then, I opened your blog and BAM! Little Kennedy is so stinkin' cute! Awww, I want her and Charleigh to dress up together...tear. I'm so glad you are a dork.

Beth @beth-adam.blogspot.com said...

I remember that dinner cruise :) We had fun (besides the fact that we completed on the carpet covered concrete floors in the hotel ballrooms)! ;) And they even sang Happy Birthday to Mom. LOL :)

taralohse said...

i wish i could be there to see harry potter with you too jill-
i will call you tomorrow- we have to catchup-
congrats to KP i am so excited she is 9 months old