made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Sunday, August 08, 2010

5 Year Anniversary

I cant believe its been five years since the day I married Justin. I really do think that time, and the way it passes, is so odd. I feel like I just married him maybe a year or two ago...I can remember everything so perfectly, its all still so fresh. Then again, I feel like it was forever ago, and I cant even remember life before him, or without him ever in it...its just strange. I do feel like the luckiest girl ever though, to have spent the past five years as his wife. When we were at dinner he asked me what stuck out most over the past five years, other than having a baby of course. It took me a minute, but its definitely clear to me how Justin has helped me to become better. The things I used to care about or think about, no longer matter, and he has challenged me to be passionate about things that matter. I love his passion and love for ministry and sharing the love of Christ, its something that I always said I was passionate about, but never knew how to really live that out with a life of service, until I met him. He inspires me and I like that he's all mine!

We are on a tight lil budget around here, so we didnt plan a big 5 year trip or anything. Im pretty sure for my anniversary I'll be getting, contacts, a bridesmaid dress, and maybe a new license plate...exciting huh? well that left no room for gifts or trips...so dinner was going to have to suffice. We went to the Margaritaville Hotel and ate at a cute little restaurant that they have in there called Frank and Lola's (which is a Jimmy Buffet song about a couple on their second honeymoon in Pensacola, FL...cute huh?!?!) anyways, its was yummy and fun and we had a good night out talking about the past five years and what we are excited about, dream about, wish for, etc. in the next five years.
Please excuse the random pictures we took of each other. we were remembering how on our honeymoon, there was no one to take pics of us, so we just kept taking pictures of each other, and trying to take them ourselves...so we were being a lil goofy...trying to be silly honeymooners =)
we had yummy "cheeseburger's in paradise"

what better way to end the night than stopping by KK for some HOT donuts??!!? =)
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MY LOVE! CANT WAIT TO MAKE IT 55!

1 comments:

Miranda said...

Congrats on 5 years! Y'all are such a cute couple and it looks like y'all had a blast! :o)