made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Sunday, May 10, 2009

a happy FIRST mother's day!


well yesterday was my first mother's day, and it was so fantastic. kennedy and I went to church all matchy matchy. I thought it was cute =) are you proud christi? i figured that she wouldnt always be cool matching her mom, so I should take advantage of the time when she has no say, for she has no words =)

so after church we came home and took some pictures and then I opened up my presents. Justin did a great job getting me sweet "mommy" gifts. I LOVE my new diaper bag. I have never been a vera bradley carrier. I always said that they look like diaper bags. well this one IS a diaper bag, and I love how functional it is. all the pockets and the liner...its PERFECT.

I also love my necklace. It has kennedy's name and birthdate and a bead that is pink because her birthstone is that pink one. I dont even know the name of it. anyway, i can add to it and have more nametags and beads on there! i love it! you can really see it up close if you click on the picture at the end of the post.

my favorite thing was my sweet card from my husband. it made me smile and cry. he is pretty good with the sweet talk =)
afterwards, we went to eat at one of my favorite places, Mimi's Cafe. Its so very delicious =) then we came home so Kennedy could take a little nap, and Fred and I took a walk. We ended the night eating popcorn and watching Zoolander. My pick =) I just wanted to watch something fun and then get in bed bc I was super tired after that long day.

It was a wonderful mother's day and I was very proud to be a mommy and to be Kennedy's mommy. It's pretty easy to be her mom, she is so sweet and loveable

well i will leave you with yet another reenactment. not one of my old outfits on kennedy, but a kodak moment repeat. here is me and my mom on our first mothers day together. apparently its a tradition that you wear red flowers if your mother is alive, and white if she has passed.

and here is kennedy and i with our little flowers on our first mother's day. hope you enjoy this nanny!

oh, and here is a picture of my new super cute shoes
it was a wonderful first mother's day and I am so thankful for my incredible mom, my amazing mother in law, and for my daughter, for making me a mom=)

6 comments:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

i love the "matchy matchy." you and kennedy both looked gorgeous on your first mother's day together!!! isn't it going to be fun when she is making you cute crafts and plotting with daddy to make breakfast in bed?!? until then, it seems justin is doing a good job with the sweet gifts, cards, and flowers!!! you have a sweet hubby..and a really sweet girl!!!!

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

Oh, yes, I am glad to see that my begging for you and Kennedy to be "matchy-matchy" had paid off! I think you should do it EVERYDAY!

p.s. her birthstone is OPAL, but most people use pink sapphires as well. (she has the same birthstone as auntie Christi you know)

I feel the same way about Vera Bradley (totally diaper bag-ish...which yours is a cute one!)

And I think I need those shoes, did Justin pick those out?

Mrs. J Manny said...

HA! let justin pick out shoes??? for me??? no, i picked thems meself!

and I thought it was opal! I looked at a few lil websites and they said the pink stone, and I was all confused, I always thought october was opal, and i remember bc they both start with O! ha! i like the pink one better anyway! bc well, its pink!

Jo said...

You are cute, your presents are cute (well... except for, you know...), and your shoes are awesome! Where did they come from? Are they heels or flats? I love them, and I am so jealous! I'm so glad you had a good 1st Mother's Day. I love the matching outfits!

Heather said...

Awww, I love the matching outfits!! And I too love the diaper bag! So cute! Justin did really really good! He needs to give my husband a couple lessons in the gift giving department! =)It sounds like you had a very special 1st Mother's Day!!

Mommyto3andahusky said...

I have the same diaper bag! :) haha